Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Possible conflict between new version of types access and wp oauth server

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I use wp oauth server pro for an external service to access my site.
hidden link

With the new version of types access 2.7.2 active on my site it stops authenticating the user and broke my service.
I needed to go back to types version 2.6.2 to get it to work again. There might be later versions that will work as well but I have not tested.

Now I can not update types access before the issue is adressed. How do I solve this issue?

it is big deal for my site to have both plugins active and working.
Is it something to do with the "Major code refactoring and optimization" update on the 2.7 version
https://toolset.com/version/access-2-7/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

{ticket status updated and next reply set as private}

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for sharing this.

In incognito mode, the logged-in status is removed and as expected, the page with "Maintenance mode is on" message is showing.

Have you tested this with the "Maintenance mode" disabled/deactivated?

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar

Yeah. Here is what I did:

Update all the plugins leaving the toolset access in version 2.4

Tested the link incognito mode:
hidden link
it worked

Updated the access plugin
The link does not work any longer and the site show the "Maintenance mode"

Now I have rolled back the access plugin to 2.6.2

And the link works now:
hidden link

Try it now – Remember to be logout or use Incognito Mode?
– it will bypass the Maintenance Mode

Therefor the problem most be the toolset access version 2.7.2 and any version of wp oath server

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for sharing these findings.

Your test confirms that the changes included in the Toolset Access 2.7.2, affects the use of WP OAuth Server plugin. But unfortunately, it doesn't factor out the following:

1. Browser's incognito mode.
2. Maintenance Mode from the "Maintenance" plugin.

When the user login/authentication is involved, the incognito mode can result in unexpected results as it doesn't support "cookies".

My recommendation would be to repeat the test, with Toolset Access 2.7.2, but this time keep the Maintenance Mode disabled and also use the logout state and not the incognito mode. This will help in further narrowing down to the possible conflict.

Note: In case the issue still persists, you can provide a copy/clone of your website, for further investigation:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Your next reply will be private.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for sharing the screenshots and the duplicator package.

I was able to deploy the clone of your website successfully on my server and can see the issue, without the incognito and the maintenance mode.

I'm still performing some tests and troubleshooting, to narrow down to the exact cause of this conflict. Will update you with the results, as soon as this completes.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting, Jesper.

After being able to reproduce this on a clean install, I've shared these findings to the concerned team for further review.

Appreciate you brought this forward and I'll keep you updated with the progress through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar
I hope you can find a solution and I appreciate your time and effort on this issue.

Have a nice day and hope to hear about the progress soon
🙂

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for waiting.

While our development team is still working on this, I've received information about a temporary workaround.

You can update to the latest Access 2.7.2 and then remove the line #54, in file: / types-access / application / controllers / main.php:

\OTGS\Toolset\Access\Models\Settings::get_instance();

This seems to work on my test website and you're welcome to test this on yours and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Jesper,

Just wanted to update that Toolset Access 2.7.4 has been released, which includes a fix for this issue.

Please feel free to update and let me know if the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.