Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Possible bug in hide_empty="true"

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicolaS-3 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi all,
I have a hierarchical taxonomy called Geo including Regions as parents and their Provinces as children. I have associated Geo to two CPs called Pubs and Studios. In the view filters looping on studios I have used the hide_empty="true" option in order to list only regions or provinces for which at least one post (studio) exists. What happens is that some provinces are listed even though no studios exist in those provinces, with the view obviously returning the "not found" message when that item is selected in the filter. I guess this happens because there are some pubs associated to that province and they are considered "existing items" even though the view is about studios and has nothing to do with pubs. Can this be considered a bug ? the hide_empty="true" option should work on the CP selected in the view only, not considering the others otherwise results are affected.
Or am I using the wrong option ?
Thanks
Regards
Nicola

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct and this issue is already reported to the concerned team:
https://toolset.com/errata/setting-show-only-filter-options-that-would-produce-results-doesnt-work-correctly-for-taxonomy-filters/

Unfortunately, there is no temporary workaround/fix available for this, but, I've added your voice to this matter internally and will keep you updated through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Got it. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.