Skip Navigation

[Closed] pen icon not showing up on Access page

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to set the template that will show up if someone tries to access a page without being logged in.

I created a Post Group and included the page I want to restrict - but the pen icon isn't showing up so I can't add the template.

I don't have this problem on my older site ... am I missing something on my new site?

Elise

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2022-09-23 at 14.42.05.png

Hi Elise

You mean what's show in this screenshot?

You brought the post type you are limiting access to (page?) under Access control, yes?

Can you share a screenshot of the same on your site?

Access Screenshot.jpg

Yes- that's what I mean. Yes - I brought the page under Access Control, and added it to the Post Group, and unticked Guest Read access - but the pen icon still doesn't show up.

I have attached a screenshot - the specific page I mean is Contests Listing - but the same is true for all of the pages under this post group.

Hello,

I have tried it in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, I can see the "pen icon" correctly, see below test site:
hidden link

See the access setting page:
hidden link

So the problem is abnormal, please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/
3) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2022, and test again

The topic ‘[Closed] pen icon not showing up on Access page’ is closed to new replies.