Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Password being included for translation

This support ticket is created 5 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi, I noticed that when I submit a form to register a user on a site with WPML, the password is then visible in String Translation option of this plugin, under domain with form ID, like cred-user-form-Register User-2305. Maybe I do something wrong but this seems to be serious security issue?

And after all, is it really necessary to register these submissions for translation?

Best,

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, I have tired it with a fresh wordpress installation + Latest version of Toolset plugins + WPML plugins, there isn't the similar problem as you mentioned above.

please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins + WPML plugins,
2) Follow our document to setup the Toolset form for creating user:
https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-registering-users/
3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and form URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

screen1.png

Hi Luo,

I believe I make the form the right way. To give you an idea of how it looks for now I attach the screen where the registered user data are also included in the WPML String Translation.

The multilingual content setup for the form is: Do not make 'User Forms' translatable.

I am testing this site offline yet, and if I find no other solution I will provide you with the database.

password.JPG

As I mentioned above, there isn't the same problem in my localhost, see screenshot, please try as I mentioned above:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, and test again

2) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.