Skip Navigation

[Resolved] parametric search for users cred fields

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have created a role called "renters." I am using CRED to setup frontend "registration" and "edit" renter forms.

My problem: I want to create a sortable table type View for Admins that includes my custom Renter user fields such as first name, bedrooms, neighborhoods etc. when these forms are submitted.

I have created a View using Users > Renters with renter user fields for filter and output settings. However when a new renter user completes the new user renter form or the edit renter user form none of the fields appear on the View.

Is there something special I need to do to accomplish this? What am I missing?

Dear Randi,

Are we talking about a user view, which is select wordpress users, and you are going to setup parameter search form on the user fields?
Views do not support parameter search form in user view, if you edit your view, in section "Parametric Search Settings", you should be able to see a message:
Only Views listing posts can have parametric search inputs.

If you just need to display the value custom user fields, how do you create the custom user fields?
If they are created with Types plugin, please try with Types shortcodes:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

Hi:

I did not know User Fields were not Parametric Search compatiable.

I have chosen to create a User Role and use User Fields because I need the User (Renters) to be able to login and update their profile.

Could I achieve the same thing using a Renter Post Type and custom post fields? And set the author as the renter? Would the renter be allowed to login and update/modify their post without being a User?

Thank you.

Yes, I think you can achieve the same thing using a Renter Post Type and custom post fields, and you will need setup the author as the renter.
It is required to login as a wordpress user to edit their post, I suggest you try with Access to setup the access limitation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/setting-access-control/
section "Managing Access Control for Posts, Pages and Custom Post Types"
Edit own – create new content and edit content that each user has created

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.