Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Paragraph tags inserted in WYSIWYG editor inside a Repeatable Field

This support ticket is created 3 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

When I add WYSIWYG fields inside a Repeatable Field, paragraph tags / p tags are automatically added around each line. I want to stop this from happening. Even if I add a media gallery in the WYSIWYG field, the gallery shortcode gets surrounded by p tags.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for waiting, while I performed some tests on my website.

I was able to reproduce this issue and the reason seems to be that only for the WYSIWYG field in a repeating field group, the editor's tab is automatically switched to the "Visual" tab when the page is reloaded.

When such a post is updated/saved through the post edit screen, automatic p tags are inserted to that content, just as the visual mode of the editor works.

Thank you for bringing this forward and I've passed on these findings to the concerned team

I'll keep you updated on this matter through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you for the help, Waqar.

I will wait for an update from you.

Have a great day!

Hey, Waqar!
Hope you are doing well.
Is there any update on this issue? Do let me know.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for checking in.

This has been reported to the development team already, but I'm afraid, I don't have any update to share at the moment.

This ticket is in my follow-up list and I'll keep you updated on the progress.

regards,
Waqar