Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Paginated pages showing all results instead of just search results

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andrewH-12 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:

I am having an issue with the form on hidden link. It works great most of the time but when I search for a "Production Company" e.g. "Pallas Television" and then click on a page I am brought to page that removes the "Pallas+Television" search criteria. Oddly when I look in Google Dev tools the link looks correct but when clicked on I don't end up on the page I expected.

I expected to see:

hidden link

Instead, I got:

hidden link

Finally just to note I am using WP Rocket but have turned it off for search.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

When I used the search form and select the "Pallas TV" option for the "Production Company" field, I see this URL in the browser:
?wpv-production_=Pallas+TV&wpv_aux_current_post_id=8322&wpv_aux_parent_post_id=8322&wpv_view_count=8323

Can you please share the exact steps to see exactly how to reproduce the unexpected search behavior?

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Yes so do I. The problem is not the initial search, it's the pagination. When you navigate to page 2 you should notice it goes to:

/search/?wpv_view_count=8323&wpv_post_search=&wpv-director=&wpv-production_=&wpv-category=0&wpv_aux_current_post_id=8322&wpv_aux_parent_post_id=8322&wpv_paged=2

Instead of:

/search/?wpv-production_=Pallas+Television&wpv_aux_current_post_id=8322&wpv_aux_parent_post_id=8322&wpv_view_count=8323&wpv_paged=2

The initial search term disappears.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

I've performed some tests on my website with similar view settings but couldn't reproduce this issue. This suggests that something specific to your website is involved.

I noticed that your website is being served through Cloudflare CDN. We've seen some cases in the past where it caches the AJAX call results too.

Here are some useful articles on how to fine-tune the Cloudflare settings so that they can work efficiently with the WordPress website.

hidden link
hidden link

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes after adjusting the Cloudflare settings.

Thanks. Modifying the Cloudflare settings did not appear to work. In this case the search is probably OK without Ajax, so I ended up just disabling it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.