Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Over 500 posts (a single custom post type) but only 40 show up in view output.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Sort by Location.PNG
Number of posts.PNG
Descending Order.PNG
Ascending Order.PNG

Tell us what you are trying to do? - I'm creating a database of sorts. I've currently got over 500 individual (custom) posts and will have thousands more added within the next few months. I've created a search page using Toolset Views to list those 500+ posts in a loop I created. My issue that is no matter what I do, only 40 posts show up; full stop.

If I set pagination only 40 show up. I set 1 result per page, I get 40 pages on pagination. I set 20 results per page; pagination creates only a 2nd page. - So at first I thought there was an issue with my custom post types (something filled in wrong, some sort of conflict, whatever), but if I set 'sorting by name' to descending, instead of ascending, an entirely different 40 of my posts show up. So, obviously, all 516 posts are fine and working; it's the view reaching a limit of 40, somehow, and then refusing to show any extra unless I sort/narrow it down with a search or something.

This same issue happens regardless of how I paginate, how many results I limit per page, AJAX or otherwise, manual or automatic, and even regardless of infinite scrolling - it's still only 40.

I will have nearly 10,000 posts within the next 6 months so, please, I need a higher limit than 40. Some 'narrowed down' searches will still result in 100s of results. I won't need 200 results per page, but I will need 20 results per page for 10+ pages. (instead of the current 2 pages)

Is there any documentation that you are following? - The most recent was - https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-view/

Is there a similar example that we can see? - Not that I know of, but see the screenshots, please. - The proof of 516 posts, 3 different sortings of the same, no/clear filtered, results.

What is the link to your site? - offendersexposed.com.au (It's behind a paywall - Let me know if you need the login details to a temp account to see it for yourself)

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

That is really strange but I also recommend that you should display 20 posts per page but then if you have added paginaton it should display 25 pages if you have 500 posts.

Have you checked that there is no plugin/theme conflict?
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? Do you see any difference?

If no: I would like to take a look and for that I will require problem URL and access details.

I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I got some improved results as I set the pagination to display 20 posts per page. Please check the following screenshot:
- hidden link

Also, I've changed the ordering to post ID for now to check as if the custom field value is not set then that item will not be displayed with the view result. Also, you added a map on the page.

In addition to that, we just release a new version for almost ALL Toolset plugins. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Once you update ALL Toolset plugins I will check further whats going on.

Capture.PNG
Capture 2.PNG

Thank you for letting me know about the updated plugins; WordPress didn't realise there were updates available and I hadn't checked your website, manually. I downloaded and updated all plugins and it seems that all 516 posts are now showing up. Thank you.

But it seems to have now created other problems.

I cannot edit the map (see attached image).
- I tried creating a new map block and it was going well until I tried to set the source for the map marker to "View Block", if that helps. (see other attached image)

I haven't revoked your access, yet, so if you can do whatever you can to get that working properly again, please, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you.

I typed out another response but I can't see it listed so I'm typing it out again.

The list is now showing all results, thank you, it seems updating the plugins worked, somehow.

But now the maps are not working. I get an error whenever I chance the map marker source to "View Block" and I can no longer edit the 'map block' any more. I try to just create a new map block and the same thing happens every time. The only change I have made to the map is updating the Toolset Maps plugin, so maybe the new update isn't as stable as it should be.

I haven't rescinded access to my website, yet, so if you can fix this now, too; I'd appreciate that.

Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - I can see the issue and I'll split the ticket with your new issue.

You are welcome to mark resolve this ticket.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.