Skip Navigation

[Resolved] output repeatable post fields not shown as ordered in the backend

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.19 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Franco Calcagni 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

hi Nigel, maybe the problem is in the URL you try to login

it shall have the subfolder en-en so the login url is:

hidden link

please try and let me know

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Ah, sorry, I was trying hidden link

I'll try again, and will update you in the morning.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-12-12 at 09.18.59.png

That worked okay.

I checked the View in question to display the woods, and it is ordered by post title, but needs to be ordered by the field toolset-post-sortorder as described in my first reply.

See the screenshot.

please keep this thread open since I have still to check your solution and I need some days more
thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Let me just mark this as awaiting your reply so that it is not sitting in my queue.

Hi Nigel,
we still have problems with the fields order. In the italian version all is working, in the english version is not.
see the following page:
hidden link
The list of MARBLES is viewed like this:
Marbles
- Breccia medicea matt / glossy
- Statuario black matt / glossy
- Valentine grey glossy
- Arabescato white matt / glossy
But in the backend the list is as follows:
- Arabescato white matt / glossy
- Breccia medicea matt / glossy
- Statuario black matt / glossy
- Valentine grey glossy

Both views that allow to display the list (elenco-materiali that is the parent view and varianti-colore that is the child view) are both ordered by field - toolset-post-order

What can be wrong with that?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Franco,

Thanks for writing back.

Nigel is on holiday and will be back on 2nd January, so I'll be following up on this ticket.

I've performed some tests on my website with a similar nested repeatable field group and the ordering worked as expected.

Also, the correct custom field values are also saved with key "toolset-post-sortorder" against the "Elenco colori" entries in the "MUSA" product on your website, so technically this ordering should work.

To troubleshoot this further, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. I noticed that WordPress and a number of plugins (including some Toolset ones) are not updated to the latest versions. Please make sure that they all are up-to-date.

2. It would be a good idea to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and with a default theme like Twenty Twenty. If the issue is fixed, you can start enabling the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflict.

3. In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share a clone/snapshot of your website so that this can be investigated in more depth.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Please let me know how it goes and your next reply will be private.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.