Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Open video URL in a lightbox

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnC-6 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have created a view and have a link to a video. I have a video icon that links to a video. The link is added using a toolset shortcode. I want the video to open in a lighbox.
Is there any documentation that you are following?
I looked through the forum but only found solutions using the gutenberg editor, and I'm not using gutenberg.
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

From the page's code, it seems that you're using the Elementor builder. Elementor offers a built-in lightbox feature that can be used to show the images and video in a lightbox:
hidden link

You can get the video's URL from the Toolset Types custom field in the Elementor's "Video" widget using the dynamic source option:
hidden link

If you don't want to use the Elementor's lightbox feature, you can alternatively check out third-party lightbox plugins:
hidden link

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,
I'm just using the Elementor builder to add the view to the page. Is there a way to add some code to the link in the view to have it open in a lightbox? I need to edit the actual view, not anything via Elementor.
Thanks,
John

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

I tried this "Video PopUp" plugin and it can be used for the video lightbox that you're looking for.
( https://wordpress.org/plugins/video-popup/ )

You'll instal the plugin and then its shortcode can be used like this:

[video_popup url="video file URL" img="image thumbnail URL"]

In your view, you can replace 'video file URL' with the actual shortcode for the video field and 'image thumbnail URL' with the image URL that you'd like to use for the thumbnail.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.