Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Nested View

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

I am having trouble with nested views.

My site at hidden link has three relavant custom content types -

ALBUMS
TRACKS
ARTISTS

Albums is a one to many to Tracks

Tracks and Artists are many to many

For each track I have a repeating field group

ARTIST
INSTRUMENT(S) PLAYED ON TRACK

On the Album Content Template I have a view called Track List View

It is working and loops through the tracks.

Inside that view I am trying to nest a view to show the repeating field group Artist, Instrument

I am trying to get the View Artists on Track to loop after each track listing.

Album page sample is at hidden link

I can't seem to figure it out.

I have created an admin user Tool Set with password ts4TYVLKP87

I used the repeating field group as part of TRACKS because the same artist might play different instruments on different tracks.

The site I am rewriting with ToolSet is a Drupal Views site at hidden link

Thanks for your help,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

In the view 'Artists on Track', I made two changes:

1. In the content selection settings, the post type 'Tracks' and 'Artists on Track' both were selected. As this view only needs to show the related repeating field group items, I unchecked the option for the post type 'Tracks'.

2. In the query filter settings for the relationship query, the option 'The post where this View is shown' was selected. As the relationship query needs to work with respect to the tracks post coming from the parent view, I changed that option to 'The current post in the loop'.

After these changes, the related data is showing now, under each track on the album post page.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.