Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Need on-boarding instructions to build a new WP site with Toolset I bought

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi, I bought Toolset about 6 years ago, never installed it successfully. Now I am returning, wanting to build a new wordpress website for real estate application. Please help.
I will be using Elementor Pro, Toolset, and probably WP All Imports as well.

How should I begin?
Should I:
1. Install Toolset Framework, and then the Real Estate reference website, all found under "Reference Sites" in account download page?
Or, should I,
2. Install all the Toolset components listed under "Toolset plugins" in the download page, all except the 2 Woocommerce plugins at the bottom?

I also want to find out where Toolset store the real estate listing data in the backend, be able to navigate to the specific files (via ftp or otherwise), and be able to examine the Tables in the database where the listing data are stored.
And how WP All Imports is going to help in bringing in and updating new listings, if I should buy that plugin. I will raise these questions later, after I have first installed Toolset.

Here is the link to my website:
hidden link

Hello,

I suggest you start from a fresh WP installation:
1) Follow our document to install "C&B Properties" demo site
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/#application-frameworks#install-toolset-reference-sites
section "How to Install Toolset Reference Sites Locally"

And "C&B Properties" demo site demo site requires below plugins:

WPML Multilingual CMS
Toolset Forms
Toolset Blocks
Toolset Maps
Toolset Access
Toolset Types
WPML Media
WPML String Translation
WPML Translation Management

2) Follow our document to use Toolset plugins with Elementor plugin
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/
section "How to use Elementor with Toolset"

3) Toolset Types plugin is using WordPress standard function register_post_type() to create new post types, so you can find those "Properties" data in your database table "wp_posts", I suggest you follow our document to import the posts data with other CSV plugins:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.