Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multiple Users per Organization in Client Portal

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

If we have an organization ACME Inc., when a user for that company logs in, they have access to CPTs assigned to them. However, there might be three different users assigned to ACME Inc. All three users should have access to ACME Inc content - meaning the content belongs to ACME Inc and not the user.

What is the best way to accomplish this to ensure that the information only is shown to users in ACME Inc on login?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

If your goal is to allow/restrict access to the specific content to users, based on the organization they belong to, you can create custom user roles for each organization.

Here is a guide on adding custom user roles, using the Toolset Access plugin:
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1645359-1622357/

And here is a guide on access control settings to manage which user roles can access which type of content:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/setting-access-control/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.