Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Menu appears twice

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The site was displaying the Genesis menu twice. It's important to mention that it is a Genesis child theme.

Solution:
So, we've managed to fix that issue but meanwhile you are able to do it so by commenting the line below in functions.php:

//add_action( 'genesis_header', 'genesis_do_nav', 12 );
This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by ciaraM 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Mobile (responsive) menu appears twice when using Layouts and Genesis with Atmosphere Pro child theme.
Saw a similar thread here, but solution seemed to be proprietary.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/menu-is-displayed-twice-using-genesis-and-layouts/

Some screenshots
Using no content templates or Layouts:
hidden link
Using Single Post/Page Layout:
hidden link

Parent Layout design:
hidden link

Child:
hidden link

The problem is the same on all pages using any Layout.

URL to one of the problem pages: hidden link

I have not created additional Layouts.

Please advice.

Another serious bug when using Layouts and Genesis integration:
The category shows the wrong posts.
As soon as Layouts and Genesis integration is activated the wrong posts are shown in Archive view.
The posts shown are fewer and from random categories. Even trashed posts are shown.
These are standard WP posts and I am not using any custom View to fetch posts.

When disabling Layouts and Genesis integration, OR using a non Genesis theme, the correct posts are shown.

Please advice asap

I apologize the delay here

Probably we need to address that specific Genesis Theme with a exception.

I will need access to a as basic as possible DEV site to reproduce / see the issue and pass this to the DEV team.

It would need to be a site with only Toolset and Genesis and as little as possible of customized Code / HTML / CSS.

On the other hand I can work with a Duplication of your Site.

I would need a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Please can you provide me either of both, with a description where and how I can see the issue?

So we can address this ASAP.

Regarding the other BUG, in order to troubleshoot this in the correct manner and keep this thread "sticky" on the original issue, i would need to ask you to open a new ticket with the previously mentioned issue(s).

This helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

Please, may I ask you to open a new ticket with the new matter?

Please could you provide me the additional Infos, and as well permit me to perform the required steps?

Thank you for your patience.

After testing a few other Genesis child themes it can seem like Layout might have problems with Genesis themes with 'sticky' (docked) menu.

Results in combination with Layout:
- the default Genesis child theme (non sticky menu) works fine
- the premium Genesis child, Atmosphere Pro (sticky menu) gets a double menu
- the free Novo theme (sticky menu) is all messed up. Double menu and several other artifacts.

PS, I have sent along private information with login details.

I understand the issue.

I need a Duplicator package because our DEV requires one to work with it.

After, I escalate this Ticket to the next Support Level and they will need to work with this

When exactly our developers will fix this issue, is not up-to us Supporters to determine.
Each issue reported in, whether a bug or a new feature request, is taken seriously into consideration.
It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors.
Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.
I apologize any inconvenience this may cause.

The Problem is, on your system the read permissions are unallowing Duplicator to work.

Can you either provide me a valid Duplicator Snapshot or a zipped field of the FTP data and a Database Dump?

Thanks for the Details

I am passing all information to the DEV Team now.

Just to be sure, the Access for the Duplicator package is the same as you provided earlier, correct?

Please could you confirm me the additional Infos?

Yes, the access information is not changed.
I have never used Duplicator before, but if it requires an existing WP login/password only, it should work with the info I sent you. Again, nothing was changed.

Thank you for confirming this.

It should be enough.

I have forwarded everything yesterday to the DEV team and have now to pass this Ticket to the 2nd Tier.

You will be updated here as soon we have a solution for this.

Thank you for your patience

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

In functions.php of your child theme there is an action for genesis_header with priority 12, this is adding the extra menu. Just comment this:

//add_action( 'genesis_header', 'genesis_do_nav', 12 );

I'll forward this to our development team, we will think in a fix for that problem. Please test this and let me know any other compatibility issue you may find.

Hi Adriano,
That solved the problem with two top menus.
Had to do the same with the genesis_footer as well to remove it.

But it did NOT solve the problem of the menu not being sticky.
It rolls up, out of the screen. It is supposed to always stay on the top of the screen,

Another problem remains. The menu drops down behind the other div's in the Layout.
hidden link

Any ideas?

Captura de Tela 2016-02-26 às 09.22.11.png

Your menu row must looks like the attached image:

1. Genesis site header row
2. site-header class

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

Thanks,
After MUCH searching I finally found a tiny pencil on the row, and there I also found your instructions.
I had no idea you could edit the row as well as the cells. Guess I should have spent a couple of more days studying the manual 🙂

Thanks

You are welcome.

page-with-layout-applied-cutting-off-content.png
page-without-layout-applied-displaying-correctly.png

Hello, I have been having a similar problem. When I omit the header completely using layouts it appears that there is a big chunk of the upper page missing. Attached are pages with/without layouts applied so you can see what i mean. The white space that Atmosphere Pro has naturally beneath the header disappears completely when layouts are applied to the page (even without header been added). When I add the logo and menu in layouts in the top row and apply, it seems to display correctly - except the white space is gone. When I view source however, both "headers are still appearing, one is just hidden?!
I am using the latest versions of WP/Toolset/Atmosphere Pro. Many thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.