Skip Navigation

[Resolved] media library not displaying properly when trying to replace image on Post Form

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 19.02.13.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do? Set up a Post Form to update data in a custom post type. When trying to Replace an image the Media Library displays at the bottom on the form – not overlaid as per normal. It looks like it's not loading the css to display properly. I've got the user set up as a Contributor. Have tried setting the user role to all levels and the issue remains, apart from Administrator which displays and works normally.

All latest versions of WP and Toolset.

Is there a similar example that we can see? Screen shot attached

What is the link to your site? hidden link – can provide login details as the page is set up with Access to only allow logged in users to access.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Have you tested this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One? This will help in narrowing it down to a possible third-party conflict.

In case the issue still persists, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details in reply to this message.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar, thanks for coming back to me. I switched themes to 2021 and it works. So I'm guessing there's something missing in my theme (my own basic stripped down development version which I've used for a few years now) which Toolset is relying upon. Any suggestions where I start looking?

Here's a link to my theme hidden link so you can see what isn't in it…

Thanks, Richard

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back and sharing the theme's files.

I've tested the theme on my website, but couldn't reproduce this. The modal for the media library loads correctly for the image field in the post form.

The CSS styles needed to show that the media library modal correctly are inside the file "{yourwebsite.com}/wp-includes/css/media-views.min.css". The only way I can reproduce the look from your screenshot is if I manually remove the contents of that file.

Can you see if any errors or warnings are showing in the browser's console when viewing the page with the form?

You can also share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message.

I've set your next reply as private as well.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I couldn't find anything in the Toolset settings which could cause this, so I'm thinking it could be something related to the active theme, in presence of a third-party plugin.

A quick and temporary fix is to include that WordPress file's code in the website through the theme's CSS file.

To narrow down to a possible conflict, I'll recommend making a clone/snapshot of the website on a different location and then disable all plugins other than Toolset and see if the issue still persists. You can then add them back one-by-one to see when the issue gets back.

Thanks for your time on this Waqar. Short term I will include the WP css as you suggest. However, I feel that perhaps I need to redo my development theme to bring it up to date as it is several years old now. Do you have any recommendations for a starter/base theme to adapt – I've had a look at the Underscores hidden link and Bones hidden link offerings but any guidance would be appreciated.
Many thanks, Richard.

Waqar
Supporter

You're very welcome Richard.

While you can use any WordPress theme that follows WordPress theme development standards, with Toolset plugins, our recommended themes are listed at:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/

I hope this helps.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.