Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Maps are working on 2 custom post types but not the other two

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelW-27 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: get maps to work on the custom post single and listing pages of two of my custom post types

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: the map marker and markers on the relevant pages

Instead, I got: the Republic of Congo showing as default target and no map marker present

you will need to register as a member to be able to see the maps in action

correct.JPG
wrong.JPG

I have attached two images to show u

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

I tried to view your website, but it was behind a coming soon page.

If the same map's shortcode is showing the location markup correctly for some posts and not for the others, it would be a good idea to check if the relevant location field contains the proper address information for those posts.

In case the issue still persists after checking/updating the location field, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message.

Your next reply will be private so that only you and our support team will have access to it.

Important note: Please make a complete backup copy of your website, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

In connection to all of the above, when I am logged in as admin and proceed to edit the custom post type the map showing in the dashboard area on the CPT is correct, which tells me that the address field is correct, it is just not transferring to the front end and displaying as it did in the back end.

map incorrect Frontend.JPG
map-correct-dashboard.JPG

attached 2 images

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for writing back and for sharing the access details.

The slug used for the "Your Business Postal Address" field for the "Photographers" is "your-business-postal-address".
( ref: hidden link )

But in the "Photo-Video Single Page View" content template for the Photographers, "wpcf-address" field slug is being used for the marker.
hidden link
( screenshot: hidden link )

Please update the slug to "wpcf-your-business-postal-address" and the marker will show at the correct location on the map.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar, thank you I feel like a numpty that I did not pick up on that grrrrrrrrrrr

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.