Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Map Marker Popup on archive view not working

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Don 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Don

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a map setup for a archive, all the map markers are displaying fine but, although i setup custom fields to display in the popup window, no matter how often (or hard! lol) i click on a map marker it doesnt open.

Note: I DO have the map setup in a TAB on the archive page, with the archive output in another tab..... was an issue in another thread that Christian helped resolved that was causing the map not to zoom to ideal level automatically but we fixed that with custom code in the page php section.... is probably related but i am hoping that i can get the map marker popups to open fine even if in a tab....

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Could you test adding the map and archive output directly on the page together and not in tabs to confirm that the issue occurs specifically because of splitting the map and archive output in different tabs, or whether that is a red herring?

Hello,

Please also check if there is any JS errors in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#javascript-debugging
section "Javascript Debugging".

If there is, there might be other compatibility issue in your website, then try these:
In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2021, and test again

If the problem is fixed, activate other plugins/theme one by one, try to locate the problem plugin

Don

After continued troubleshooting as support suggested it seems it was just a matter of "nesting".... i had experimented before with moving the map outside the tab but no difference.... however, this time it did have a difference and, when i moved things back like before, apparently the nesting was a bit different and it works now even if in a tab which is great. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Don

hmm, got the popup to display but if i put a link in there, like the post title with link, then the popup doesnt at all work again....

Did you get see JS errors?

If you need more assistance for it, please provide your website credentials in below private message box, also point out the problem page URLs, I need to test and debug it in a live website

Don

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.