Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Manually Created View styling question(s)

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 6.10.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 6.07.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 6.07.25 PM.png

Hello.

So I am trying to style the archive pages for the site I am constructing, and I have a few questions. (this is my first attempt at manually creating a view)

I have successfully created a nested view to list all the matching products on a specific page as per these instructions:
https://toolset.com/2015/07/how-to-group-posts-by-category/

everything seems to be ok ... but how do you style the output?

I see a box called "Loop Editor" and one called "Output Editor" (screenshots) but I do not know how to style the output.

Currently my new view generates this:

Custom Taxonomy Term
Space-delimited list of custom posts that match the above mentioned term.

Concrete Tile
Wave Vertices Stone Cork Riscado Prisma Madeira Parquet Madeira Deck Leaf Hando Plus Hando Cubus Concrestrip

I would like to style the Taxonomy so it looks like the hard-coded version above, and I would like to be able to style the links so they are in one column and they change when hovering over them ... but I don't know how or what to style. The tutorial just says to style it, but doesn't show how.

Is this done on the page where the view will be displayed? if so, I still am not sure how I style it so each post link is on a separate line.

I hope this makes sense

thx

Gordon

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You will require to add the custom CSS code to highlight the link when you mouse hover it and you can add the custom CSS code to your view's "Loop Editor" section's CSS box.

As I understand, you want to change the link color when mouse hover it and you want to change the link color to while - right?

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 13.04.14.png

hi there ... so I was able to get it to work after a whole lot of trial and error ... so thanks.

Do you happen to know if there is an easy way for the toolset loop to output into two separate columns on the fly? I have some pages that will have up to 60 links and it would be great to have it automatically place them into two columns.

I guess I could have two views, one that only shows the first 30 and the other that skips the first 30 ... would be neat if there was a CSS tricks that can do this though.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

You can use the Bootstrap Grid output format to display result as per your desired columns.

Please check the following Doc:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/view-layouts-101/#bootstrap

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.