Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Make Oxygen blocks work with Toolset

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by John Mac 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I'm trying to use Toolset Blocks, but this is totally crap to work with! In a case where design doesn't matter, using Blocks in WP can work. But the native functions of blocks is useless without a hole bunch of CSS coding added to it.

I looked over the video on using the new Toolset Blocks, but working with this is hopeless and takes for ever to figure out. It's just super-slow to work out the paddings and spacings. And to see the huge block elements with the over-spaced paddings and margins make it hard get the results I need.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, this is the previous dev. site for this job. I have had other support tickets before on about this site. And I moved to Toolset to hopefully have more flexibility. This is the look I working on:
hidden link

Check the product list on the bottom, below the heading "Let's take a sneak peak inside". This is what I need to accomplish. This list is done in Oxygen. And I can create just the design I'm looking for. But I need the templating function with Toolset so that this sales page can list a second CPT as a list.

What is the link to your site?
Right now I'm working on hidden link

Is there a better method that you know of to work with an Oxygen block or template to display a list like this? The links I have provided are CPT used as a sales-page, which in the bottom lists up products from another CPT. To make this more dynamic and easy to use for the client, I'm using Toolset.

Are you going to make Oxygen work with Toolset in a more complete way?

I have tried making a Oxygen design, adding Toolset custom fields to this design, and save it as a Oxygen WP block. I then tried adding this Block to a Toolset View. But when rendering the page no data are being displayed.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Toolset Blocks and I'll pass it on internally.

The Toolset Blocks is continuously improving based on the feedback and suggestions that we receive and it has in fact grown a lot from its initial release.

The other page builders do have years of head-start, but we're also fully committed to developing Toolset Blocks into a fully functional page builder that offers all the necessary features that users of other page builders would expect and more.

Based on what you've shared, I understand that your goal is to design the repeating loop item part of the Toolset post view, using the Oxygen builder.

This limitation arises from a fact that while other page builders like Elementor, Divi, etc apply their templates at the page's content level, the Oxygen filters or take control of the entire page's output, bypassing the theme.
( hence it can be referred to as a "Theme builder" rather than a "Page builder" )

This is also the reason that you don't see an option to design the Toolset view's loop item using the Oxygen builder, when on the view's edit screen, unlike the other page builders ( like Blocks, Elementor, Divi, etc ).

With this in mind, I understand you have a couple of options to complete this and other similar post lists/sections:

1. You can achieve the desired layout of the Toolset view's post list without the Oxygen builder, using Toolset Blocks and custom HTML and CSS adjustments ( where needed ).

OR

2. If you find the option 1 limiting, you can try switching Oxygen builder with a different page builder like Elementor or Divi.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

OR

3. If you'd prefer staying with the Oxygen builder, you can check out it's "Easy Posts" feature, to generate a customized post list, instead of a Toolset view:
hidden link

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

I'll just keep hacking on this to find a temporary solution.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.