Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Losing Custom Fields after save following import

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.67 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Importing custom fields and going to Edit the Post Field Group all fields show successfully and am able to edit, but as soon as I save back the Field Group, I lose a range of custom fields from the end of the list.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The editing of a custom field group can be affected, if there are many custom fields in the group and the server's PHP configuration doesn't allow it to process in one go.

To avoid this, you can follow these steps:

1. Please consult your host and request to increase the values of the following PHP settings on the server:
- PHP max input variables
- PHP post max size

2. You can divide long custom fields groups into multiple smaller field groups so that ideally, the number of total fields in an individual group doesn't exceed 10-15 fields.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks - I had already decided to break it down into smaller groups, which has resolved it.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that it worked.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.