Skip Navigation

[Resolved] login form

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yoshihikoH 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I'm testing page transitions on my site.
Login → Create Account → Thanks Page
The above does not transition to the Thanks page.
I need your support.

Regards,

Yoshihiko

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Yoshihiko,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I'm assuming here that you want to redirect from your login page to the Create Account page and once the user Creates their account you redirect to a Thank you page?

Can you confirm?
Thanks,
Shane

Dear shane,

Thank you for contacting me.
Yes, I am making it as you assume.
Login page → Create my account
My account creation completed → thanks for signing up! Page

Regards,

yoshihiko

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yoshihiko,

Thank you for the clarity.

So you will follow the instructions below for the redirect after the user logs in.
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-custom-login-forms/#redirect-users-after-they-log-in

For the my account creation form to redirect to the thank you page you can follow the instructions below.
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-forms-for-registering-users/#display-a-thank-you-page-after-successful-registration

But I do notice that in order for a user to log in they must already be registered so i'm not sure of the reason behind setting the login for to redirect to the account creation page.

Thanks,
Shane

postform-1.png
postform-2.png

Dear shane,

Please check the attached image.
The two images are described in the postform.
The first.
It is set to move to the thank-you page when the user creates an account.
The second.
An email will be sent to the user. The email describes the transition to my account (id = 103).
The user is transferred to My Account, and the user reconfirms his / her situation.

I think my current state is set correctly, but I'm in trouble because it doesn't transition to the Thanks page.

Regarads,

Yoshihiko

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yoshihiko,

Are you saying that everything works expect the redirect to the Thank You page ?

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website as well as a link to the form so that I can have a look at this for you ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yoshihiko,

Thank you for the credentials. When I test the user form to create an account it works fine and i'm redirected to the thank you page without any issues at all.

Can you test it again on your end and let me know. Currently i'm not seeing any issues.

Thanks,
Shane

Dear shane,

Thank you for helping with the test.
When I test it on my smartphone, it doesn't seem to transition correctly. Is there a problem with my testing method?

toolset-> access controle-> toolset form-> I think I have set the guest and jobposter settings correctly in "Post Forms Frontend Access" and "User Forms Frontend Access".

The transition on my smartphone doesn't work. I'm sorry but I need your support.

Regards,

Yoshihiko

Shane
Supporter

Hi Yoshihiko,

I see the issue on mobiles but not on desktop. What you can do is to set the form to submit without the use of AJAX as an alternative as this should cause the redirect to work correctly for both mobiles and desktops.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.