With Toolset, you can easily create forms for registering new users from your site's front-end.
To allow users to register from the front-end you need to create a registration form and a page to hold it.
- Go to the Toolset → User Forms page and click to create a new form.
- In the form-creation wizard, give your form a name.
- Select the role of the user that the form will register.
- Select what happens after user submits a form. In this case, you might select to confirmation message.
- In the form editor, select which field you want to show in the form.
- If you prefer, you can select the options for auto-generating the username, password and nickname. These options are in the form editor’s right sidebar.
- Finally, set up the forms notifications. If password is auto-generated notifications are important because they allow you to send this password to the user’s email address.
- Finish the form wizard and the registration form is ready.
- Create or edit a page where users will be able to register.
- Insert the Form block and select the user registration form you just created.
When setting up a form for registering users, you can select what happens after the registration completes. Displaying a custom thank-you page allows you to welcome your new users in a custom, appealing way.
Use these steps:
- Create and design your thank-you page.
- Create a new form for registering users or edit an existing form.
- In the Settings section (step), use the After visitors submit this form dropdown and select the Go to a page… option.
- In the second dropdown that appears, select the thank-you page you created in the first step.
- Save the form (or finish the form-creation wizard).
That’s it! Now, when new users register using this form, they will be taken to your custom thank-you page.
Forms for front-end content submission and editing