Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts wrongly tells me "Archive Page: There is no Layout assigned"

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I am trying to:
Assign a layout to a Taxonomy Archive page.

I visited this URL:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/layouts-notification/

I created a layout containing an archive cell. I then assigned this layout to a taxonomy archive page. When I browse to that page in frontend, I can only see a notification saying "Archive Page: There is no Layout assigned". Which is wrong.
The taxonomy is a 3rd party plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/) taxonomy which I can't see in Types>custom taxonomies.

Could you please help me with that issue?

Thanks in advance

Dear jonathan,

I assume we are talking about the archive page of "Event Categories", which is created withplugin " the-events-calendar", I can duplicate same problem in my localhost with the-events-calendar + Layouts + Toolset starter theme, and put it into our to-do list, escalated this thread to our 2nd Tier supporters. hope there is a workaround for your case.

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

The problem seems to be related with the way that Events Calendar rewrites the slug of the taxonomy. I've forwarded that problem to our development team and they will check that soon. Thank you for reporting.

I've received one confirmation about a fix for this issue, it will be addressed in Layouts 1.4.5.

Thanks for the help and info. Looking forward to version 1.4.5...

Could you confirm that fix? If so, could you close that thread?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.