Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Keep theme styling for tags and other elements

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mashaB 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
In my custom content template I want to change location for tags, categories and other custom taxonomy. While I get how to get this data displayed, it lost all styling done by the theme. How can I still keep theme styling?

The theme we use is Purea Magazine Pro

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Toolset tutorial

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this content template is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details along with the link to an example page where theme styles are missing?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Many thanks for supporting us. I tried to get more familiar with the some toolset internals and also our theme. So, Toolset Custom Content Template only modifies what it returned by the_content() function. While the theme has meta section in the post templates and styles this meta section to adhere to the theme "look and feel". From what I understood the best path forward for us would be creating custom theme php templates, but I have got another issue with that:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-php-template-part-is-not-being-applied-to-custom-post/

Please let me know if there is any other solution Toolset can offer to assist with custom post appearance.

All the best!

Resolved based on this: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/custom-php-template-part-is-not-being-applied-to-custom-post/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.