Skip Navigation

[Resolved] woocommerce product archive page doesn’t show all products

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
woocommerce product archive page doesn't show all products

Solution:
WooCommerce 3.3 introduces some changes in its API, which require, for example, that a theme declares compatibility in order to do something right. That includes, for example, a legacy way of managing their own product and taxonomy archives, and the product single page.

To do that, please add this line to your active theme:
add_theme_support( 'woocommerce' );

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.08 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 93 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by wabw media group 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author
Product is GONE.png

As I explained to you several times, the issue is happening as well without Toolset.

See here please:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/issues-with-woocommerce-views-and-toolset-since-updates-affecting-all-sites/page/5/#post-784986

Please see the attached screenshot which is a one to one depiction of what happens on a FRESH copy of your site:
- download copy
- deploy copy
- remove Toolset from this site (disable it)
- update WooCommerce. Update it, do not replace it with your copy you have on that site, but please update it, as WordPress wants it.
Click "Update" in the plugins area
- see the front end (my screenshot).

Please explain to me why you even use Toolset WooCommerce Views.
Please see the attached screenshot.
That is the WooCommerce Views settings.
Nothing of the plugin is used, hence it's not needed, hence you can and should not use it.

Please disable Toolset WooCommerce Views. It's of no use on this site since everything (single and archive) is not styled with it, at all.
Please then see how your product still appears on the front end, just as you saw it while WooCommerce Views was active.

Deactivate the entire Toolset, if you want. The Product is still there, still the same as before.

Please show me this issue on the Duplicator I submitted to you a while ago, or on this website, we are talking about now.
I see the issue only happen when I manually add Plugin Copies that I have from you.

Not when I update the plugins or use copies I download myself.

It may be that your copy is altered, I do not know, surely though this issue does not happen due to Toolset.

I did all these steps on a direct copy of your site.

I apologise that it is not possible to replicate this issue, in the first place because Toolset WooCOmmerce Views here does have to be removed from the site since nothing is styled with it at all.

It's like you'd use Toolset Layouts but not use it, and expect it to style the templates without a layout created.

I will now let a Developer log in here and confirm what I stated above, or deny it.

We use it because that is how it has worked. It does not work without toolset wc views. yes please let us have a developer take a look. thanks Beda.

as i stated the reason you arent able to get the identical results is the archive file is different on the duplicator you are using. please take a FRESH duplicator to continue any tests. Thanks

If you read my reply, you will see I did just that

The developer rejected looking at this issue on that site.

As said, for the obvious reason that it does not happen if you follow my steps.

I am however escalating this as I am at a loss on how to communicate this.

Hopefully others will have more luck.

Mohammed, my team leader, will be with you here soon.

I think the problem here is that you are still not looking at the simple fact that it worked previously and now its not. regardless the ISSUE ONLY OCCURS WHEN THE NEW WOO AND NEW TOOLSET WC VIEWS are BOTH active.

Also we have to use WC views in order to do things like filter featured products which doesnt allow view filters if wc views is not installed. you seem focused more on trying to prove that this isnt a problem than recognizing that we clearly have an issue.

Hi,

I'm Mohammed, the Toolset support team leader. The issue is escalated to me and I will be happy to fix it for you.

Currently, I'm working with Shane and Beda on the issue. I gave it a higher priority since you are one of our valuable clients and the issue affected many websites that you developed.

Please keep watching the ticket and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hi,

I've installed your website locally. I updated the Toolset plugins and WooCommerce to the latest versions.
The website runs normally on my localhost.
Please see this video that shows the installed plugins and how the page loads on the frontend: hidden link

The only thing I noticed that there is an error in the child functions.php line 43
I don't know if it's related but anyway you can change this if you want.

I tested the installation on PHP 7 and PHP 5. Possibly there is something with our server.
And I can confirm that the issue is not caused by any Toolset plugin.

Please let me know if I miss anything.

thanks

yes what are you running the duplicator of? the old one beda took? you need to look at the other sites as well. this is absolutely caused by toolset plugin. I spent days with woocommerce support as well who confirmed this is an issue with toolset wc views.

also your video only shows categories. go into the category the problem is with the products not displaying.

Im working on putting a video together for you as well to show you more clearly where you are missing. you might talk with Shane as he is the one who was able to see what We are talking about previously. I would recommend not discussing anything with beda as it seems his only motivation is saying there is nothing wrong.

active plugins.jpg
correct.jpg

here are screen shots of how the display looks when working correctly. with the older versions of the plugins active and installed.

plugins-on.jpg
wrong.jpg

here is what happens when updated. I can go and duplicate this on every site we have previously built and any new site this can be recreated as well. please understand this is extremely frustrating. We need this resolved and every interaction with your team is saying there is not an issue when there is and it has been narrowed down to the toolset wc views

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.