Skip Navigation

[Resolved] woocommerce product archive page doesn’t show all products

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
woocommerce product archive page doesn't show all products

Solution:
WooCommerce 3.3 introduces some changes in its API, which require, for example, that a theme declares compatibility in order to do something right. That includes, for example, a legacy way of managing their own product and taxonomy archives, and the product single page.

To do that, please add this line to your active theme:
add_theme_support( 'woocommerce' );

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 93 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by wabw media group 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I am trying to: when woocommerce and toolset are up to date the products do NOT display

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: stellamarisbooks.com/shop

I expected to see: products (3,200 exist in backend)

Instead, I got: absolutely nothing

any site where we are using woocommerce and woocommerce views we arent able to do updates on because the views no longer work properly
stellamarisbooks.com
oemreplaceme.com
thebasicssyracuse.com
ofcoinc.com
chobancustomcreations.com

all of those are negatively affected by the issue. Stella Maris is the most recent one and the most severe. but we need a resolution on why none of these can work with new version of woocommerce.

we think its breaking when we use a custom woocommerce template in our child theme
i.e /public_html/wp-content/themes/bootstrap-basic-child/woocommerce/archive-product.php
when the wc_get_template_part( 'content', 'product' ); nothing gets imported for products and renders the entire site useless

Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-07 um 13.19.52.png
Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-07 um 13.18.57.png

To test this, you should enable a WordPress native Theme or a Supported Theme and make sure, in Toolset > WooCommerce Views you select the option that will use the WooCommerce Views template.

Then, you can add Content Templates to style your single Products and WordPress Archives to style the Shop.
If it works fine with another Theme, then the issue is within the theme and usually not subject to a Plugin's issue.

No edits to your Content Templates or WordPress archives should be necessary nor should you lose any data during above process, but it is recommended to perform a backup since it may be that your theme stores settings in the database and you could lose them if the theme is disabled.

I also recommend performing those tests on a staging server.

Something is as well strange with the archive I see on the install.
It's section "Custom Post Archives" should show the Post Type "Products" and obviously be assigned to it, but it's not (see screenshot)
This is not how it works locally on a fresh install, hence I suspect there are PHP errors hidden or similar.
Furthermore, that archive is completely empty, hence cannot output anything at all, please see the second screenshot

If you use WordPress Archives they must complete with a Loop, or they will just display nothing.

Please confirm this issue still happens with another Theme.
Then, if so, please confirm it still happens with just Toolset, a native Theme and WooCommerce + WooCommerce Pugin.
If so, please enable WP Debug and let us know if you see an error on the named page (or anywhere else)
https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Thank you!

This is not correct. We use the option on woocommerce views to use the child theme template in the hard coded files. your solution is providing to use a template within toolset. All of our sites use the template within the child theme and also pull in different sidebars. The problem with wc views is due to an update recently as they all work on previous versions. you havent provided a solution.

this is the path to the child theme template archive

/public_html/wp-content/themes/bootstrap-basic-child/woocommerce/archive-product.php

and the single product

/public_html/wp-content/themes/bootstrap-basic-child/woocommerce/single-product.php

furthermore neither of those are empty. they were also working correctly on previous versions of toolset.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I took a look at this for you i found the same issues as Beda.

I can see where the product CPT is not even showing up and it should be showing up there. Would it be ok to test this locally for you ?

I'm not able to replicate the issue on my local host.

Thanks,
Shane

look in the woocommerce views. the path is set to use the template file i included. this is how it always worked in the past. test locally do whichever you like but the files within the toolset backend are irrelevant

go into the FTP and view the template files within the child theme in the woocommerce folder and you will see the hook and the woo loop.

Go to ofcoinc.com or chobancustomcreations.com to view how they work because those sites have not been updated and work properly.

any updates?

please provide me a private response so i can give you the login credentials for one of the sites that is working (prior to update)

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Here are the private fields and would it be possible to get a duplicator package from the site so that I can debug further ?

Please let me me know.

Thanks,
Shane

please help as stellamarisbooks.com client is running out of patience

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I'm going to take a duplicator package from stellamarisbooks.com in the meantime could you downgrade to the previous version of the WooCommerce views plugin?

Thanks,
Shane

how can we do that?

Shane
Supporter

I see that the site is quite large so performing a backup is taking some time.

If you were to update the plugin on one of those sites would the same issue occur ?

Finally Can you send me the php logs of this site stellamarisbooks.com

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.