Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue when translating a content template with Divi

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi. I am having problems translating a content template built with Toolset and with the Divi Builder.
Can you help?

Please watch this video:
hidden link

I want to edit the translation with the Divi Builder, but the Editor is always the Block Editor. I try changing the setting in Toolset but it goes back to Classic Editor.

I have other contemplates which I can translate in the Divi Editor. But now I am trying to translate other templates and it takes me to the Block Editor. See this:

hidden link

Hi, I see the issues you are describing and I'll be glad to help. It looks like two things are happening:
1. The "Editor to use for Content Templates" option in Toolset > Settings isn't saved and updated correctly. After choosing "Divi Builder", saving, and refreshing the page, the option "Classic Builder" is selected.

2. Even though Classic Builder is selected, when editing the translation of some Content Templates, the Block Editor interface is displayed.

Can you try these basic troubleshooting steps?
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty, and deactivate all plugins except Divi, Types, Blocks (or Views), WPML, WPML String Translation and WPML Translation Management.
- Make sure WordPress and your active plugins are all up-to-date
- Test again
- If the problems are resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns. Let me know what you find out here.
- If the problems are not resolved, please add your site's debug info so I can see some of your site's configurations. We have instructions for adding debug information available here: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Hi Christian,
the issue is not about compatibility with other plugins.

Please watch this video:

hidden link

These templates are already translated into Catalan. See how the content template translated into Catalan works perfectly fine. However when I create or edit a content template into English there is no way I can get the Divi Builder working as it should.

The problem is not because of the language, it is some setting or something I am doing differently, but I don't know what it is. Please let me give acces to the site so you can check it out yourself.

Thanks,
Daniel

Okay thank you for confirming it is not a compatibility issue with other plugins. I'll be glad to log in and take a closer look - private reply fields are active here so you can share the credentials.

Hi I logged in and checked your Toolset settings, Divi settings, and WPML settings, but nothing obvious sticks out as being responsible for the issues you've described. I'd like to take a look under the hood if possible by installing the Duplicator plugin and creating a site clone. This will allow me to check the database and monitor code execution while running tests without effecting your test site. Please let me know if it's okay to create that site clone and I'll get started as soon as possible.

Yes please go ahead and duplicate the site. The site you have access to is a staging site so you can changes to it.
Thanks

I'm still investigating this. I'm adding your recent WPML ticket as a reference: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/update-toolset-content-template-with-divi-builder-in-the-catalan-language/

I'm asking my 2nd tier support team for some assistance. First, I've reported the Divi Builder option in Toolset Settings not working as expected. Next, I've reported that the Views and WPML Integration setting shown here is not visible on your site:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/legacy-documentation/translating-layouts-and-views/legacy-templates-archives-views-translation/

I'm trying to find out if there is a configuration I'm missing, or if there was a change in the software that hasn't been reflected in the documentation just yet. I'll let you know what I find out as soon as I can.

Sorry for the delay, I've been going back and forth with the team about this and I wanted to give you an update. Right now, I'm being told that deactivating WPML's Translation Management plugin will be necessary to turn off the Translation Editor screen and efffectively enable the Divi Builder for Content Templates. This seems like a rather nuclear option, so I'm asking for more input and hope to have a clear answer tomorrow.

Okay, after a bit more discussion with the team we realized a Divi Theme Option was contributing to the problem. In Divi > Theme Options > Builder > Advanced, "Enable The Latest Divi Builder Experience" was enabled. I have disabled that for now and you can see the Divi Builder working for the English translation of the "Plantilla para traducción a idiomas" template here:
hidden link

That seems to solve the problem for some but not all templates. For example, if I tried to edit the English translation of "Plantilla para traductores jurídicos por idioma", I was redirected to a page with the Blocks Editor here:
hidden link
So I clicked the link in the Documents tab of the Blocks Editor "Use the Classic Editor for this Template" (see the screenshot here). I was shown a notification about not being able to edit secondary language templates like this, but then I was able to go back to the main Content Template dashboard and click the pencil icon to load the Divi Builder anyway. You can see that now here: hidden link

So if you run into that issue, you'll be aware of the message and you'll know you can work around it. Can you take a look and let me know your thoughts? We are still looking at the issue where selecting the Divi Builder in Toolset > Settings > General > Editor to use for Content Templates, and I'll continue to update you about that as work progresses.

Great. That seems to be working now as you mention. Thansk for your help! I look forward to your updates.

Hi, just a quick update here to let you know a fix was added in the Blocks/Views betas for the issue where the Divi Builder option was not saved correctly in Toolset > Settings > General > "Editor to use for Content Templates". While we do not recommend using the beta plugins in a production environment, feel free to install the betas in a dev environment to confirm the fix. Please note that beta plugins are mostly complete, but often have minor issues. If you'd rather wait until the final plugins are available, feel free to wait until Blocks/Views x.3 is ready for release. I'll let you know and ask you to confirm the problem has been resolved in the final versions.

Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this and include a permanent fix in the final releases.

Hello, please find the final plugins Types 3.4 and Blocks 1.3 / Views 3.3 available for download in your https://toolset.com/account/downloads area. The permanent fix for the content template editing issue is included in the latest versions, so please let me know if the issue in this ticket is not resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.