Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Issue after toolset relationship migration

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
relationship-id-showing-after-migration from old toolset version.png

Hello team, I am recreating a website from old site and it was having old toolset version. I upgraded toolset version and had to migrate relationships as toolset wizard suggested and after relationship migration when i go to to my product and try to connect existing relationship it shows relationship id instead of actual element I want to make a relation. Please check screenshot and let us me if any further clarification needed.

Regards

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this relationship is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message? I'll also need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website, in case it needs to be investigated on a different server.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Hello Waqar,

I hope you got the information you need in order to fix it. Please help me about this relationship issue. It is really putting us behind the deadline on the project. If you need any more info, please dont hesitate.

Thanks in Advance.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

I've tried a couple of different browsers and VPN connections, but couldn't bypass the Flywheel's security popup. It just keeps showing, even after providing the username and password, repeatedly.

Can you please check the provided username and passwords again?

In case you're able to access the website using the same access details, it would be more efficient to share a clone/snapshot of the website so that we can investigate this on our own servers.
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

If your website's server doesn't support the "Duplicator" plugin you can use the "All-in-One WP Migration" plugin instead:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the website's clone and I managed to deploy it successfully, on my server.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that your screenshot showed the relationship field for the relationship "Products Auteurs-du-Livre". This is the relationship between the post type "Products" and the post type "Auteurs-du-Livre".

If you'll check the posts in the post type "Auteurs-du-Livre", you'll see that they are using the same ID-based titles, as shown in the dropdown to connect the existing "Auteurs-du-Livre", on the product edit screen.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Based on this, there is no inconsistency and the relationship field is showing the titles of the "Auteurs-du-Livre" posts correctly.

Were you seeing different results before relationship migration? Also, this "Products Auteurs-du-Livre" is a new relationship and not a migrated one. The migrated relationships have "Migrated" written next to them.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Hello Waqar,

Let me explain a bit more about the setup. So earlier this website was having custom post type built in toolset named "Livre" and there is one custom post type named "Auteurs" and we built relationship between them which was "Auteurs-du-Livre", which displays authors name in the admin when we try to set relationship between Livre and Auteurs. After that scope of project change a bit and we decided to make it ecommerce so what we did we did we created a staging from live and then toolset wanted to migration and we did that migration, but after that migration while building any new relationship, it displays relationship id instead of name of "Authors" which it was doing previously. We know the name of Authors but it is cumbersome to remember the id because it is supposed to display Author name. However we decided to continue first on completing the eCommerce thing first. So we converted all the custom post type "Livre" to post "product" type. We also made a clone of the relationship Auteurs-du-Livre and named it as "Products Auteurs-du-Livre" so basically it is a clone "Auteurs-du-Livre" so if "Auteurs-du-Livre" would have worked correctly then "Products Auteurs-du-Livre" would have also worked.

So having relationship id instead of author name is basically preventing us to create more products and it has become difficult to remember the id.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing this background information.

Based on the information you've provided, you needed a direct relationship between the "Products" post type and the "Auteurs" post type. But, currently, you have the relationship between the "Products" post type and the "Auteurs-du-Livre" post type.

Here are the steps, that I'll recommend:

1. Make a complete backup copy of the website.

2. Delete the "Products Auteurs-du-Livre" relationship and any other relationships which are not needed on the website.

3. After that, create a new relationship between the "Products" post type and the "Auteurs" post type.

As a result, when you'll be on the edit screen of a product post and you'll be able to see the dropdown with the "Auteurs" post titles to connect with the current product.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.