Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Is hCaptcha compatible with Toolset Forms?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Replace Google reCaptcha with hCaptcha on standard WordPress forms referenced by Toolset, eg registration form, possibly login form

Solution:

All those shortcodes are using custom HTML codes to output the those forms, but all of them apply the WordPress built-in filter hooks

For example [wpv_login_form] shortcodes use the same WordPress built-in filter hooks:

- login_form_top

- login_form_middle

- login_form_bottom

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.37 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 18.58.35.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Replace Google reCaptcha with hCaptcha on standard WordPress forms referenced by Toolset, eg registration form, possibly login form, not Toolset Forms like Post Forms.

As Google reCaptcha causes major headaches with GDPR compliance, I was wondering if Toolset supports the use of hCaptcha as a Google reCaptcha alternative?

"Toolset", "Toolset Forms" are not mentioned explicitly in their supported forms, but as far as I understand Toolset uses the standard WordPress forms for registration and login forms etc, which should be supported natively (see screenshot from hCaptcha for WordPress plugin settings).

Have you had any tickets from previous customers about this? Or are there any known conflicts or documentation about this? Searching "hCaptcha" in your forum turns up zero results.

Thanks and regards
Simon

Hello,

Unfortunately, Toolset Forms plugin supports only Google reCaptcha, and does not support hCaptcha, I have searched it in our internal to-do list, but can not find any existed related item, you can add a feature request for it:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/
Our developers will evaluate it

HI Luo

Doesn't Toolset use the "standard" WordPress form for Registration/Login/PW reset etc?

I believe these standard forms should work with hCaptcha. I'm not asking to put hCaptcha on a Toolset Form like a Post Form or User Form.

Thanks and regards
Simon

I assume we are talking about View's shortcode:
- [wpv-login-form]
- [wpv-forgot-password-form]
- [wpv-reset-password-form]

No, all those shortcodes are using custom HTML codes to output the those forms, but all of them apply the WordPress built-in filter hooks, you can check the source codes in Toolset Blocks/Views plugin file toolset-blocks\embedded\inc\wpv-shortcodes.php

For example [wpv_login_form] shortcodes use the same WordPress built-in filter hooks:
- login_form_top
- login_form_middle
- login_form_bottom

More help:
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/login_form_top/
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/login_form_middle/
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/login_form_bottom/

Hi Luo

I have added a feature request for hCaptcha support.

In the meantime, what other GDPR-compliant options can Toolset Forms currently offer?

Otherwise European customers cannot use reCAPTCHA legally due to data protection laws.

Thanks and regards
Simon

No, there isn't built-in GDPR-compliant options within Toolset Forms plugin, you can add a feature request too.

Currently, you can setup two post forms, one of them disable Google reCaptcha, display it for those European customers.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.