Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Intermittent error on user form submission does not show reason

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am using the CRED user form to update custom user fields and my users are experiencing an intermittent error while submitting the form.

Most users are able to submit the form but some users receive an error message with no explanation of where the error is -
'The user was not saved because of the following problem:'

I am unable to replicate the issue on my end. What is the best way to approach this and troubleshoot the issue?

Screenshot - hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll recommend the following steps:

1. Temporarily turn on WordPress debugging on the website.
( https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ )

2. Get in touch with the user who reported this and request some details about the steps he/she followed to update the user profile. Also, confirm if this is happening in any particular device, operating system, or web browser only.

3. Login using that same user's account details and try to follow the same steps and see if any error or warning is shown in the server's error logs or in the browser's console.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar,

I have tried all three steps.

1. This is the error log -
[16-Jul-2021 08:33:41 UTC] PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/showprowess.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xyz-wp-insert-code-snippet/shortcode-handler.php(252) : eval()'d code on line 8
[16-Jul-2021 08:37:11 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/customer/www/showprowess.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/xyz-wp-insert-code-snippet/shortcode-handler.php(252) : eval()'d code on line 24
[16-Jul-2021 08:48:28 UTC] PHP Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/customer/www/showprowess.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-optimize/minify/class-wp-optimize-minify-fonts.php on line 203

It does not seem to relate to toolset.

2. It has happened twice where one user was using Safari on Apple and another way using Chrome on a laptop.

3. I tried step 3 and the issue does not occur when I logging in with their account on trying the same thing.

Any ideas?

Waqar,

Any update on this? This has become a serious issue as many users are raising this concern. You can watch the video here (0:15 to 0:45) - hidden link

Regards,
Himanshu

Hello,

Waqar is on vacation, I will take care this ticket.

According to the debug logs your provided above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/intermittent-error-on-user-form-submission-does-not-show-reason/#post-2116777

There are two other plugins produced PHP errors:
- xyz-wp-insert-code-snippet
- wp-optimize
Please try to deactivate them, and test again, if the problem is fixed, then you will need to check it with plugin authors of them.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.