Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Images Not Displaying

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: Show the main image for locations on the page below.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The images cleanly appearing, as if you look at each location, the data shows correctly (Restaurant field type).

Instead:
The image links are doubling up, despite the field I'm pulling from showing as a clean, one image field. Here's a sample of what the link looks like on page when you try to open the image in a new tab --
hidden link

So it's clearly not displaying the image because the data is being garbled together, but I can't figure out what's causing this.

ONE NOTE: We've been using the Smackcoders plugin for imports (which has been an epic disaster, especially from a Smackcoders support perspective), in case that has something to do with the issue. We're cancelling that and moving over to WP ALL IMPORT for the production site.

Appreciate the help! Toolset has been amazing, we just need to get this one issue resolved and then we're starting work on production!

-- Eric

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that for the custom post types "Parks" and "Restaurants", there are two image type custom fields:
- "location-photo" is set to allow only one image
- "location-photos" is set to allow multiple images

For the posts, which are not showing the images correctly in the view "Dallas - Fort Worth", there are multiple images saved for the custom field "location-photo". The return of multiple image URLs for the single instance field results in the broken display of the image block.

Screenshot from the custom fields record from the post "Bob Jones Park", that is showing the image correctly:
hidden link

Screenshot from the custom fields record from the post "Dallas Grilled Cheese Co", that is not showing the image correctly:
hidden link

( here is a guide on how to enable the native custom fields section in WordPress editor: hidden link )

This discrepancy in the custom field records most likely was the result of the import process that you mentioned. To fix this, you can delete the multiple custom field records for the field "location-photo" and make sure that only one of them is kept for each post.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.