Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Images are being cropped, and I'm not sure why. (want to avoid cropping)

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by GravityStack 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
image-cropped.jpg

I've built a real estate listing site, and each listing has a bunch of images attached. I use a repeated image field for this, and it has worked wonderfully for a while. Recently, the client has been uploading less uniform sets of images (different sizes and aspect ratios) and things have gotten weird.

I'll attach a screenshot of one of the cropped images, where you can see part of the name/logo watermark is cut off. This image should have a roughly 4:3 ratio, but is cropped square for some reason.

I'm outputting the images with the following shortcode:
[types field='additional-images' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' align='center' size='large' proportional='false' class='has-border image-is-max-width' separator='</p><p>'][/types]

I'm thinking that proportional='false' should mean that it's not cropping images (proportional='true' works as expected, making all images the same dimensions) but with it set to false, some odd cropping still seems to be taking place, and I can't make sense of it. I have it set to true right now, because it's a live site, and false makes weird stuff show up. I need it to not crop any images - we want to just keep the original aspect ratio, whatever it is.

Are there any other attributes or settings or whatever that might cause images to be cropped in a case like this? It's also possible that it's not toolset doing it, but I have tried disabling the caching and image optimization plugins, and that didn't seem to do anything. Since the page is using a toolset template, I've arrived at "it must be toolset." The cropped image files also have wpcf appended to the file name, which I think is a toolset thing?

The site in question is here: hidden link

As I mentioned, it's live and we can't really mess with it, but if we need a staging environment to troubleshoot stuff, I can get that set up.

Thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

You're welcome to share the admin access details for a staging website in reply to this message. Please also include the link to an example page where these images can be seen.

I'll be in a better position to troubleshoot and suggest the next steps, accordingly.

Note: your next reply will be private.

regards,
Waqar

So I was fiddling with this a bit more, and I've narrowed the issue down to the Shortpixel image optimization plugin, so it wasn't toolset after all!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.