Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Image Gallery Lightbox uniform Size and Controls

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelW-23 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want the images in the gallery lightbox to be a uniform size.

The images in the gallery are different sizes. They are uploaded by a number of users, so I cannot control the original image size. Hence, when clicking through the pop-up lightbox, each image is a completely different size, so the navigation arrows move all over the place. The user stops focusing on the image and ends up chasing the arrows around the screen. It is not pleasant.

How can I specify a size for the lightbox images... or at least position the prev / next arrows to stay in the same place on the screen, i.e. bottom-right.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To make the lightbox container, cover the same width and height, you can include the following CSS code in the template CSS editor:

.lightbox .lb-outerContainer {
    width: 80% !important;
    height: 80vh !important;
    max-height: 80vh !important;
}

.lightbox .lb-outerContainer .lb-image {
    margin: 0px auto;
    max-width: 100%;
    max-height: 80vh;
}

This way, no matter how tall or wide those images are, the lightbox container will maintain the same size and the navigation arrows will show at the same position.

regards,
Waqar

Perfect. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.