Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Image field modification button not operational after user have place WC order

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Pat

Hello,

This seems strange but I'm facing the following issue :
I have a user form in which I can modify the user fields of an existing user.
I have a specific user field which is an image.
The form is integrated inside a modal window in order to be able to modify the needed user fields in the frontend.
Only people with a specific role can have acces to this form.

Now, when I try to use it in the frontend, il the user has not placed any WC order, I have access to the button and can chose a new image.
If the user has already placed an order, the button is visible but when I click on it, nothing happen!

All other fields (numerical, string) are working properly and can be modified in the frontend, only image field seems to have this issue.

Last point, if I look at the button in the console, I have a difference between user with orders and users without :
For users without order, I have the "event" which is placed after the <input> of the button.
And for users with order, this "event" os not present.
Regards
Pat

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Pat,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see exactly how this form is set up in the admin area.

Can you share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the page with the form?

Also, please share the names of example users with and without orders.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

I used the "MODIFIER" button to open the form's popup and the image field worked as expected.

Here are the steps:

1. I used the delete icon to remove the existing image.
Screenshot 1: hidden link

2. Next, the image field started showing the image upload button.
Screenshot 2: hidden link

3. I uploaded a test image from my computer and submitted the form.
Screenshot 3: hidden link

Now, as you can see, the new image has replaced the older image.

Can you please test this again and if it is still happening when you're logged in using a different user, please share temporary admin access details for that specific user.

Also, if you're experiencing this only in a single browser, it would be interesting to test it in a different browser too.

Note: I've set your next reply as private again.

Pat

Hi Waqar,

Thanks for your analysis.
In fact, it seems that the duplicated site you had acces to is not the latest version of the site !
I have checked again on the production site, and here is what I have found :

When I open the window (after clicking on the "MODIFIER" button), I'm getting the modal window.
No issue is reported in the console.
Then, I click on the button (image change) and nothing happen, but I'm getting this error in the console :

Cette page utilise la propriété non standard « zoom ». Envisagez d’utiliser calc() dans les valeurs des propriétés pertinentes ou utilisez « transform » avec « transform-origin: 0 0 ». vue-dun-adherent
Uncaught TypeError: this.$el.sortable is not a function
initSortable hidden link
initialize hidden link
Backbone 2
View
constructor
constructor hidden link
n Backbone
createAttachments hidden link
initialize hidden link
Backbone 2
View
constructor
constructor hidden link
n Backbone
browseContent hidden link
Backbone 4
p
f
c
trigger
t hidden link
trigger hidden link
render hidden link
mode hidden link
render hidden link
<anonymous> hidden link
_postActivate hidden link
Backbone 4
p
f
c
trigger
setState hidden link
render hidden link
_attach Backbone
Underscore 2
y
forEach
Backbone 2
_attach
render
Underscore 2
y
forEach
Backbone 2
render
render
attach hidden link
open hidden link
t hidden link
manageInputSelectorClick hidden link
initEvents hidden link
jQuery 2
dispatch
handle
media-views.min.js:2:74381
initSortable hidden link
initialize hidden link
Backbone 2
View
constructor
constructor hidden link
n Backbone
createAttachments hidden link
initialize hidden link
Backbone 2
View
constructor
constructor hidden link
n Backbone
browseContent hidden link
Backbone 4
p
f
c
trigger
t hidden link
trigger hidden link
render hidden link
mode hidden link
render hidden link
<anonyme> hidden link
_postActivate hidden link
Backbone 4
p
f
c
trigger
setState hidden link
render hidden link
_attach Backbone
Underscore 2
y
forEach
Backbone 2
_attach
render
Underscore 2
y
forEach
Backbone 2
render
render
attach hidden link
open hidden link
t hidden link
manageInputSelectorClick hidden link
initEvents hidden link
jQuery 2
dispatch
handle

I know it's not the best way to manage support, but I cannot give you acces to the production site as this is a very high loaded period for it.
Perhaps you can have some feeling looking at the different error types reported?
Let me know
Regards
Pat

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

Most of the errors seem to be originating from the WordPress core files. And from the debug information, your production website still seems to be using WordPress 5.7.2.

Can you please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and all plugins are updated to the latest versions on the production?

It would be very difficult to troubleshoot exactly what is causing this, without access to the website where the issue can be seen. In case the issue still persists, after all the updates have been applied, it would help if you could share access to an up-to-date duplicate of the website or the production's clone/backup, so that I can deploy it on a test server?
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

I've set your next reply as private again.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the package.

The manual restoration of the files and database and this troubleshooting will take some time, but I'll share my findings, as soon as, it is completed.

Thank you for your patience.

Pat

Hi Waqar,

I have another issue on this site. I know that I need to open a new ticket, but I would like to avoid resending all info concerning the site data and login.
Is there a way for you to be appointed to this new ticket?
Let me know.
Regards
Pat

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for waiting.

I managed to deploy the clone of your website using the manually extracted files and database, but, it is not giving the true picture of your website, as there are a number of files missing. There are a lot of unrelated errors, which are skewing the troubleshooting process.

Can you please share temporary admin login details of the production website where this issue can be seen?

I understand that it is a live website, but, I can carefully use the Duplicator Pro plugin to extract the targeted package with appropriate file filters.

I'm setting your next reply as private.

Pat

Hi WAqar,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
I think the best would be to give you access to the main site but I'm currently travelling and should be able to make this only beginning of next week. Could it be possible for you to generate a new private answer at that time?
Many thanks
Pat

Waqar
Supporter

Sure please take your time and I'll wait to hear back from you.

I'm setting your next reply as private again, so that you can share temporary admin logins, when you're back.

Pat

Hi Waqar,

It seems that the issue is no more visible. Perhaps a module update has been sufficient to close this issue.
Thanks again for your support.
Regards
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.