Skip Navigation

[Resolved] image and text in map markers

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Relato_ES 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
mapa.png

I am trying to get the map to show an image and text in the markers. I use toolset selectors to generate the code, but it doesn't work.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

We have some internal tickets to improve how the complex content and HTML is handled inside the map marker pop-ups.
( ref: https://toolset.com/errata/cannot-add-shortcodes-to-toolset-address-field-marker-popup/ )

I'm afraid, I don't have a time estimate at the moment, but if you could share temporary admin login details along with the link to the page with the map, I'll be able to help you with some workaround.

Note: Your next reply will be private and make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Please also include the details about the HTML/content that you'd like to show inside the map marker's pop-up.

regards,
Waqar

MAPA2.PNG
MAPA1.PNG

I would like to show an image the name and the address that correspond to the fields:

Title where the entry with link
and
custom fields:
"dirección de la entidad"
image: "logo de la entidad"
(I mark them in the captures)

I would be very grateful if you can help.

I forgot to provide the access data,
Can you generate a new private replica to facilitate them?

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details and I've set your next reply as private again.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

I've performed some tests on my website and this is what I'll recommend:

1. The map marker's "Hint content" that is shown on hover, doesn't support HTML or complex content.
( screenshot: hidden link )

In that, you can show some simple text like the post's title using the "[wpv-post-title]" shortcode.

2. The HTML is supported in the marker's "Pop-up content" field, which is shown on click.
( screenshot: hidden link )

In it, you can include these shortcodes for the post's title with a link and the custom fields:

[wpv-post-link]<br>
[types field='direcciones-de-la-entidad-y-mapa'][/types]<br>
[types field='logo' title='%%TITLE%%' alt='%%ALT%%' size='thumbnail'][/types]

Thank you !!
this is very close to what i am trying to do, with your help i think i will achieve it

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.