Home › Toolset Professional Support › [Resolved] I'm having an issue with the search. Sometimes it doesnt use the proper archive.
This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.
Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.
|-||9:00 – 13:00||9:00 – 13:00||9:00 – 13:00||9:00 – 13:00||9:00 – 13:00||-|
|-||14:00 – 18:00||14:00 – 18:00||14:00 – 18:00||14:00 – 18:00||14:00 – 18:00||-|
Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)
Tagged: Custom search, Toolset Blocks, Views, Views plugin
This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.
Last updated by Waqar 2 months, 2 weeks ago.
Assigned support staff: Waqar.
I'm having an issue with the search. I use Fibosearch pro for the searchbar, since I need caching (30k+ products) and searching with Enter produces 'errors'. Basically the archive isn't displayed correctly 100% of the time and I can't tell why.
Examples of searches that work:
Searches that don't work:
Can't figure out the reason behind the search working sometimes and not working other times.
My guess is that maybe the query string &dgwt_wcas=1 might interfere, but I'm not sure why.
Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.
From the "search not working", do you mean that the irrelevant results are shown? And does the search works as expected if Toolset plugins are deactivated?
It is important to narrow down whether the incorrect search behavior is caused by Toolset or some third-party plugin.
The archive displays incorrectly.
In the examples that work, the archive shows as intended with JS firing as intended.
In the examples that don't work, the archive doesn't show properly. I think it shows the archive as if it was /store/ instead of the search result. That can be seen easily with the custom search as it has all parameters instead of the relevant only to the search as happens with the working examples.
Thanks for writing back and I apologize for the delay in getting back on this.
I've tested these search page archive links on a couple of different browsers and devices, but couldn't spot any difference in the format/layout.
Can you please share temporary admin login details along with some screenshots, highlighting the difference(s)?
Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.
Thank you for sharing these details and I understand what you mean.
I've been doing some troubleshooting, but couldn't reach the bottom of this.
Do I have your permission to download a clone/snapshot of your website, to further investigate this on my test server?
Yep, download, no problem.
Thank you for the permission.
I've been trying to download the website's clone, but the couple of methods that I've tried, have failed. Will continue working on this and will keep you updated.
Ok Waqar, no problem. The site is very large, about 20gb. You can try with All-in-One Wp Migation, you get a compressed single file, should 'easier' to download through sftp or even the console.
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on this and will share an update within the next few hours.
Unfortunately, all the conventional methods of site transfer are still failing on this server.
Can you please include the FTP/SFTP access details of the server too?
Note: I'm setting your next reply as private.
The SFTP details worked, thank you.
I'll keep you updated with my findings.
Sorry about the delay in getting back on this, as I was on vacation and then it fell through the cracks.
I'll be resuming work on this ticket today and will send you an update by the end of the day.
Please accept mine since apologies for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
Great Waqar, not a super inconvenience thus far but it would be nice to get at the bottom of this.
Thank you for waiting. The intermittent nature of the issue makes it very tricky.
Most likely, Cloudflare or local cache (from WP Rocket) seems responsible for this.
Can you please go to WP Admi -> Settings -> Super Page Cache for Cloudflare and enable the option "Pages with query args" in the "Don't cache the following dynamic contents:".
After that please clear all involved caches and then check those search pages again.
Also, if you still have some instances where those search pages don't load correctly, temporarily deactivate the "Super Page Cache for Cloudflare" and the "WP Rocket" plugins and then test again.
Did all that, still doesn't work.
I think the issue stems from this "&dgwt_wcas=1" query string, evidently something happens with that.
If you look at that it doesn't work, if you remove the querystring it works:
hidden link <- this works.
What I don't get is why it's an issue really.