Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I'm getting a Google Maps error, presumably from the Toolset shortcode I'm using

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Elsie 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:

Get a map to work using a business post type that has addresses

I have this in the loop editor:
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1" map_width="100%" map_height="500px"]

and this in the loop template:
[wpv-map-marker map_id="map-1" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_title="[wpv-post-title]" marker_field="[types field='address-business' output='raw'][/types]"]This is the content of the marker popup.[/wpv-map-marker]

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

A map with hundreds of businesses on it

Instead, I got:

Just a blank map

Sorry, the error I'm getting is this:
google.maps.event.addDomListener() is deprecated, use the standard
addEventListener() method instead

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The depreciation notice that you see in the browser's console is safe to ignore.

In the 'wpv-map-marker' shortcode, you just need to include the address field's slug with the 'wpcf-' prefix, for the 'marker_field' attribute:
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/maps/maps-shortcodes/#wpv-map-marker )

[wpv-map-marker map_id="map-1" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_title="[wpv-post-title]" marker_field="wpcf-address-business"]This is the content of the marker popup.[/wpv-map-marker]

This should fix it.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you so much!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.