Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I need support about filter in search

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by manuelR-11 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I need help in the page of used cars the search fields "Make", "Model" and "Power" do not work.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I tried to use the search filters available on the page, but there was no change in the results.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need to see how this archive and search form is set up in the admin area and you're welcome to share temporary admin login details.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that your website's "Auto usate", contains two sets of front-end search fields added through the "wpv-control-post-taxonomy" and "wpv-control-postmeta" shortcodes.

One is shown on mobile screens and the other on regular larger screens. There have been some changes introduced in the recent versions of Toolset Blocks/Views, after which these repeated entries of the front-end search fields are no longer supported.

To make this search filtering work, you'll have to make sure that only one instance of these search fields exists in the view's "Search and Pagination" section.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.