Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I can’t get custom search settings to work properly

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I do not get the options of using Ajax during the search or any of the other options

Solution:

When you edit a post view, you can click link "Screen Options", and enable option as what you want. see my screenshot

https://cdn.toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/2253907-screen_options.jpg?_ga=2.121753355.1201406970.1640567088-1197121899.1604539152

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by felixP-3 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
VIEW ERRORS.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to use select AJAX results update on my view.

Currently I have selected "Full page refresh when visitors click on the search button", and THIS WORKS.

When I select any other option to update the results of the search I get the errors shown in the attached image.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

That is unexpected, and I haven't come across it before.

Would it be possible to get access to your site so that we can check how you have this set up and perform some basic steps?

Otherwise, you could create a copy of your site using All in One WP Migration or Duplicator (exclude the uploads directory to reduce the file size) and share the package here.

Let me mark your next reply as private so that we can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for us to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Can you also confirm the url of where we can see the problem.

Hello,

I suggest you check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2021, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

4) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

View Options.jpg

I created a new local website and the problem still occurs.

I notice that I need to load the Views plugin (but I do not activate it) to get the Views menu under Toolset.

When I create a view without using this menu, I do not get the options of using Ajax during the search or any of the other options shown in the attached image.

Are these options available if the Views plugin is NOT used?

screen-options.jpg

For the new issue:
When I create a view without using this menu, I do not get the options of using Ajax during the search or any of the other options shown in the attached image.

When you edit a post view, you can click link "Screen Options", and enable option as what you want. see my screenshot screen-options.jpg

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.