Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I cannot delete the content layout for a post

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 8:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 14:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Indian/Mauritius (GMT+04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tomA-4 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Arvish Mungur.

Author

I am trying to:delete the content layout being used for a single page

I visited the post edit page and

I expected to see: a button that says delete content layout

Instead, I got: no button anywhere.

any suggestions, I cannot seem to get at the layout in any way.

Hello tomA-4,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support.

I will be happy to help you with your issue.

On the Post edit page, locate the Template Layout meta box and click on “Stop using this Template Layout”.

hidden link

Alternatively, to delete the layout completely, go to Toolset > Layouts and select the layout you wish to delete.

hidden link

Please let me know if this fixes it.

Kind regards

capture_001_14042017_113600.jpg
capture_004_14042017_114108.jpg
capture_002_14042017_114006.jpg

Hi Arvish,
thanks for your reply.
Your suggestions do not work, I think this is a layout created through the front end. It does not show up on the layouts page, and on the post edit page I am not given the option to delete the layout. i included the screen shots to show you.

the only way I can access the layout is by opening the post on the front end, then clicking the orange button "front end layouts editor" and then clicking on the button "edit layout on back end"
When I do that I see a list of several layouts. I see the parent and child layouts that I use for my posts normally, and I see another layout that is only for this post. This is the layout I want to delete, I think it was created for this particular post on the front end. It seems to be handled differently than normal layouts, it is annoying because I cannot open the layout through the toolset layouts page, I have to go through the front end as I described, and when I have the layout open in the backend I have no options to delete it, or change the layout used by the post. All I can do is edit the layout.

Is this a bug in the program or am I missing something?

thanks,
tom a

Hello tomA-4,

Thank you for elaborating.

I have run the scenario on my fresh local installation but cannot replicate the issue.

At this stage, it would be good if you can then provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) so that I can verify your settings and guide you to the correct path.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/privacy-security-providing-debug-information-support/

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

We'd like to request the permission to disable, enable and install themes and plugins for this site. Please accept this?

Awaiting your reply.

Kind regards

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.