Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I am trying to set up a Query Filter within a 'view'

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Hello Jamal

Thank you again for your conitnued support. I am wondering if you are regretting that you picked up my ticket! I hope I am not making too many demands on your time.

So I am progressing.

You will see that I am building two different solutions, one along aside the other.

On the menu you will see that I have the original 'Find a Therapist Nearby' (which will display 'post archives' with results) and further along I am continuing to play with building static 'pages' with 'Views' filtered to show relevant boroughs ... but as yet unable to then filter for the neighbourhoods) ...

This message is only about 'Post Archive' page i.e. the main menu (I know that your last reply was not to help with my trial with static page build / view ... I just wanted to explain why it is still on the website ... though you can see how I am building out the interactive map etc and you will have an idea of my end goal for each 'London Borough' page (e.g. Therapists in Islington).

So back to what you were showing me - How to give visitors the option to filter 'just' the neighbourhoods (children) of the parent taxonomy 'Islington' (or one of the other boroughs).

So in your last message you were showing me how to use build a new view to show 'child-categories' of a post archive page.

I followed this and I did indeed see that when I viewed the page

hidden link

However if you view this page you will see that although I can see the neighbourhoods of the therapists in Islington, they don't then filter the results ... if you select say 'Barnsbury' nothing changes on the screen.

I can't work out how to make the filter work.

Regards

Brian

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Brian

Thank you again for your conitnued support. I am wondering if you are regretting that you picked up my ticket! I hope I am not making too many demands on your time.
Absolutely not, I will be very glad if I helped you use Toolset to the best. I will be proud 🙂

There were some errors on the custom Javascript to reload the page to the child term archive page. Check this screenshot hidden link

I fixed it, and now, when you choose a child term, the page will change to that page.

But that has an issue, the first child term will always be selected but ineffective. So I updated the view a bit to introduce an "All" option. Then I removed the message that will display when the archive is rendered for a child term that does not have children. Check this screenshot hidden link

Please check now, and let me know if you have any further questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.