This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.
Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.
Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.02 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.
On my live site I can see the custom toolset product template and product just fine:
On my dev site which was a fresh clone I get a blank page:
I've debugged with the server folks, and it's an identical setup and there are no console or php errors. I've disabled almost every plugin except toolset and woocommerce and nothing.
Could this be a license issue? Any ideas? Help!
Hi, it is very unusual that the Product pages are completely blank but no PHP errors are logged. There's not even an HTML tag or body tag included in the source code, it's just an empty response. That usually indicates a server side error, but nothing is logged...odd.
Can you try these troubleshooting steps?
- Temporarily activate the default Twenty Twenty One theme, deactivate all Toolset plugins and try reloading the Products. Do you see a 404 error, a standard WooCommerce Product page template, a completely blank page, or something else unexpected?
- Reactivate Toolset Types and Toolset Blocks only, deactivate any custom code snippets in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code, keep Twenty Twenty One active, and try reloading Product again. What is the result this time?
- If the result is still a blank page, download a fresh copy of Toolset Types, Toolset Blocks, and Toolset WooCommerce Blocks from https://toolset.com/account/downloads. Deactivate and delete the existing Toolset plugins from wp-admin > Plugins > Installed Plugins. Reinstall the latest versions of Toolset plugins you downloaded, and activate in the following order: Toolset Types, Toolset Blocks, Toolset WooCommerce Blocks. Retest the Products pages. Results?
In the world's most bizarre fix, I switched to Twenty Twenty One from Astra pro, and checked the product page.
the product was showing.
I switched BACK to Astra pro, and now the product page shows up without difficulty EXPLAIN THAT? 😀
Thanks, it's still working fine on the live site and I guess it's a theme glitch on the clone????
Maybe...quantum superposition? Bayesian probability? Joking aside, it could be related to server-side caching, it could be an issue where the theme has some domain-specific options set in the database, those got migrated to the dev site and caused problems, then the options were reconfigured correctly during theme re-initialization in the dev site. It's really impossible to say for sure without further investigation. If you'd like, I can create a clone of the live site, then migrate it to my local environment to see if a similar problem occurs. If it's replicable, I can investigate in further detail. If it's not replicable, we can keep an eye out for similar issues in the future here in the forum.
Or if you have the clone that was originally used for the migration, I might be able to reuse it. What clone system was used - Duplicator? All-in-One WP Migration? A proprietary system from WPEngine?
That's not necessary, as long as I can get the dang thing working to try out plugins before I just install them live (which is what I did today) I should be alright. I'm on wpengine so if it crops up again and I can't recover I will reach out, but this debugging was such an interesting one I had to wander upstairs to tell my husband (we are both computer science nerds in different areas) and I only continued the ticket because if it were me I'd want to hear how it turned out. 😀 I mean, we're in a super rural area and we just got fiber optics a while back and we're kind of the beta testers bc we have a huge LAN and all that and one time we had SUCH a cool problem with the internet crapping out we hauled the tech guy in just to show him after we figured it out just as he arrived, and the three of us spent a good hour marvelling that such a bug was POSSIBLE. 😀 (Once it was an endless loop I accidentally created ONLINE that was crashing our INTERNET connection. Another time, our OLD wireless phones were interfering on the same band as our wifi.) Needing to know how it turns OUT is kind of built into we the fixers. 😀
Thanks for your help! I got one step into it and it sorted itself out! 😀
Glad to help! Feel free to start new tickets as needed. Thanks!