Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to use wpv_filter_query

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lotharK 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

As far as I understand, I can filter a view with custom PHP. (The existing filter options are not enough in my case.) I have found several articles that describe how this should work, but for me already the hook does not work. Maybe you can help me.

I have set up a test installation here hidden link.

On the home page, I added a view via shortcode [wpv-view name="list-posts"].
In the functions.php I try to use the hook "wpv_filter_query". I use the Query Monitor plugin to debug the code (QM::...).

The code in functions.php is:

QM::error('a');
add_filter('wpv_filter_query', 'post_type_filter_func', 99, 3);
function post_type_filter_func($query_args, $settings, $view_id)
{
QM::error('b');
// code ...
return $query_args;
}

While "a" is output in the log, the "post_type_filter_func" function does not seem to be triggered (query monitor message "b"). What am I doing wrong? Can you nudge me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I tested the code that you shared on my test website and it worked as expected.

Then I also tested your website's homepage after clearing the view's cache from WP Admin -> Toolset -> Views and was able to see both errors in the log.
( screenshot: hidden link )

You'll find more details on how the internal cache works for the view's output, in this reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/caching-of-several-views-not-working-although-activated/#post-2380085

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.