Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to take payments with cred form and apply dynamic pricing?

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have a post type called "expert review request". I want to charge people for requesting expert reviews and this post type does that job. I have read the document that says I could use WooCommerce for payments but frankly, I have just one payment form for just one post so I am not sure if I need a big plugin like woo-commerce to make it happen.

On top of that, I enable users to earn credits on the platform for activity and I want to allow the users to redeem credits during checkout. So I have two questions -
1) How can I take payments using cred form and hopefully avoid a big plugin such as woo-commerce. I
2) How could I create a dynamically priced checkout process where the user can decide to either fully apply, partially apply, or not apply available credits at checkout.

I have created the logic for credits and can render the output per user using shortcodes. Maybe there is a way to integrate payments and dynamic pricing using the CRED form?

Help appreciated.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

1) How can I take payments using cred form and hopefully avoid a big plugin such as woo-commerce.
- When it comes to accepting payments for purchasable products/services on a website, there are a number of components involved.
- product management
- order management
- user profile management including shipping/billing address
- payment gateway integration
- checkout process

That is where a dedicated eCommerce plugin like WooCommerce comes in handy, as you don't have to reinvent the wheel. Also, as it is very popular, there are a number of third-party plugins and extensions available that can be used to further expand the overall functionality, as your needs grow.

If you'll decide to proceed with a custom setup that doesn't involve WooCommerce, you'll end up spending a fair amount of time and on-going effort to add and maintain many customizations and workarounds.

2) How could I create a dynamically priced checkout process where the user can decide to either fully apply, partially apply, or not apply available credits at checkout.
- You'll need an onsite credit management system that is also integrated with your checkout process and WooCommerce seems to have an extension available for this:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/credits/

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar,

Thanks for the reply. I have a slightly different requirements for credits. I am not giving users credit that I take from them later on. I am allowing them to earn points on the site and then redeem those points as discounts - similar to the credit card point system.

Not sure if there is way to make it work with Toolset where I can dynamically allow users to change the price by applying discounts.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

I've done some testing and research around this particular requirement and I'm afraid, I can't think of any simple way to make this work using only the Toolset's built-in features.

There are a number of third-party extensions available for WooCommerce which can be used to deploy points and reward system. You can carefully test and research to choose the one which offers hooks and filters to update these reward points based on your custom actions:

https://woocommerce.com/products/woocommerce-points-and-rewards/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/points-and-rewards-for-woocommerce/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/woorewards/

Thanks, Waqar. Appreciate your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.