Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to remove ADD TO CART button and ADD MY OWN BUTTON WITH A LINK

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

CANT DISPLAY MY CONTENT TEMPLATE (WOO COMMERCE PRODUCT)

CHECK THIS VIDEO
hidden link

I am trying to: REMOVE ADD TO CART BUTTON hidden link

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: MY CUSTOM BUTTON WITH A LINK

Instead, I got: MESS

What I did:

1. I created new content template for product with a CUSTOM FIELD (there is a link to another website)
2. But there is a problem with layouts

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Jan,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

1. To achieve this you need to modify entire Product Template by using our Toolset WooCommerce Views >> Content Template editor. OR Modify entire Product Template using code and php template file provided by WooCommerce, mixing both these together at one time is not possible. WordPress can only apply one Single Product Template at a time.

Please see the short video here that I created to demonstrate that how easily you can add or modify WC product template and mix with your own data while keeping original options of WC but using our shortcodes: hidden link

2. Please check here to Create Templates for WooCommerce Product Pages with Toolset:
https://toolset.com/learn/create-an-ecommerce-wordpress-site/single-product/

- We have the main WooCommerce setup and training guide here for WC Views:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/

- You can see all the WooCommerce Views shortcodes here with usage details:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#woocommerce-views

Thank you

I tried but it doesnt work - I use Avada and it says CANT USE CONTENT TEMPLATE
hidden link

Noman
Supporter

Hello Jan,

Please deactivate Layouts plugin. Assign content template to products. Go to front-end to see the product page. If it looks good, then Activate Layouts plugin.

Layout takes over the hold on the content template when it is activated.

Please let me know how it goes.
Thank you

i worked BUT CHeck this
hidden link

Check this hidden link

I have a custom field with a ORANGE BUTTON - BUT IT DOESNT WORK

CHECK THE VIDEO
hidden link

WHAT I NEED: Button with my text and link

Noman
Supporter

Hi Jan,

Looks like that CSS is overlapping due to which the button is not clickable and needs some minor adjustment. Please add this Custom CSS in your child theme’s style.css file OR in Theme Options >> Custom CSS section.

- OR if you are using Layouts plugin, go to Toolset >> Layouts CSS and JS >> CSS Editor.

.jitdoeshopubutton a {
    top: -32px;
    left: 0px;
    z-index: 999 !important;
}

This will make the button work correctly.
Thank you

Thanks - I need to "get orintated" as I use:

1. Avada theme
2. Toolset
3. Yellopencil (for css)

If better I would use your css fields and yellowpencil only as "reference"
What is the best practice?

I dont use layouts - I placed to Avada - but DOESNT WORK

Solved - I have found it - could you please give instructions on using 3 elements Avada + wptypes + yellow pencil?

Noman
Supporter

You can modify your original button class "jitdoeshopubutton" and add this property to fix the issue:
z-index: 999 !important;

or Add the CSS that I sent, in the Theme Options >> Custom CSS section that would be easy approach.

For the setting issue regarding Custom Field not working correctly, that needs to be debugged separately. Please kindly open a new ticket for this technically Second problem and we will help you to resolve this issue as well. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum, I am not allowed to handle multiple issues in the same ticket.

Have a great day, Thank you

Noman
Supporter

" I have found it - could you please give instructions on using 3 elements Avada + wptypes + yellow pencil? "

I am not sure how you would like to use all these 3, but they should work fine. Avada has its own page builder and we recommend using that. But to get more details please open a new ticket and we will help you to resolve this as well. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Have a great weekend, Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.