Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to hide navigation links for pages that users do not have access to?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.65 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am using Toolset Access to restrict access to certain pages. That part is working fine. However, I want those page links to remain in the navigation bar only for those users are logged in. Currently the pages still are listed in the navigation even when someone is just a guest. If they click on them they get a 404 error which is expected with the Access plugin, but I want them hidden from guests. Is this possible with the Access plugin?

Hello,

It is possible within Toolset Access plugin.

See below test site:
hidden link

In frontend, the logged in user can see the page "Logged-in user only" page item in the WordPress navigation menu, but guest user can not see that item.

You can follow our document to setup the access "Post Groups" setting to those specific pages:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/restricting-access-to-pages/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.