Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to display selections instantly without the Submit button

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jessicaP-2 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi Toolset community!

I'm working on making modifications to this "resource library" that our developer built with toolset. Currently a user needs to click on the Submit button after making their submissions in order to see the results.

I was wondering, is it possible to remove the Submit button and instead have the results display automatically as a user is making their dropdown selections? If so, would it be a straightforward modification or would it require an overhaul of our set-up?

-- Resource Library in progress: hidden link

Full disclosure, our developer is unsure of how to achieve the above therefore we're trying to get a sense of the work involved and hoping to find someone that could lend us an extra hand with this.

Thank you!
Jes

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

If you want to filter your view without submit button - there is a simple modification required with your custom search settings.

Under the "Custom Search Settings" section - you can select the option "AJAX result update when visitor change any filter values".

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/front-page-filters/#custom-search-form

Hi Minesh,

Thanks so much for this suggestion. I changed the setting to the Ajax setting you suggested but upon selecting an item from a dropdown, all of the dropdowns disappear, you'll see what I mean by testing it here: hidden link

Does this mean there is a bigger issue with our set-up?

Thank you for any insights!

Minesh
Supporter

With the "Custom Search Settings" section - Can you please chose the option:
- Let me choose individual settings manually => Always show all values for inputs

That will display all the input every time.

results-pagination.png

Hi Minesh, ahh, that absolutely worked. Thank you so much!

Now, do I need to select a different setting in order for the 'Results' amount and Pagination amount to reflect the amount of items that are displaying? Or would this require custom development work?

For example, if you click on Digital Tools you'll see it says there are 43 items and there are 3 pages even when only 2 results display (which is accurate). See attachment.

Thank you again for all of your support here.

Minesh
Supporter

That is a another issue. As per our support policy we entertain only one question per ticket.

May I kindly ask you to open a new ticket with every new question you may have. This will help other users searching on the forum as well as help us to write correct problem resolution summery for the original issue reported.

I'll split the ticket with your new question and we can discuss the new issue with the following split ticket and you are welcome to close this ticket.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-how-to-display-selections-instantly-without-the-submit-button-pagination-not-updated/

This was exactly the guidance I needed. My issue is resolved now. Thank you, Minesh!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.