Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Split: How to display selections instantly without the Submit button – pagination not updated

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jessicaP-2 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hi Minesh, ahh, that absolutely worked. Thank you so much!

Now, do I need to select a different setting in order for the 'Results' amount and Pagination amount to reflect the amount of items that are displaying? Or would this require custom development work?

For example, if you click on Digital Tools you'll see it says there are 43 items and there are 3 pages even when only 2 results display (which is accurate). See attachment.

Thank you again for all of your support here.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share problem URL and access details where I can see the issue.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hi Minesh, I meant to close out the other thread, apologies for the confusion. I don't know why this one closed instead.

I will follow up shortly with the logins you requested. Should I wait for you to make the next message private again? Thanks!

Hi Minesh, could you please set the next reply to private so that I can share my logins? Feel free to delete my last two messages. Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Please check the following doc:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-pagination

[wpv-pagination] shortcode displays the pagination controls. The pagination controls will only be displayed if there are multiple pages to display.

So as there is only one page when you filter the result - the Page [wpv-pager-current-page] of [wpv-pager-total-pages] will not be displayed.
To update the pagination, you will have to add the code between the [wpv-layout-start] [wpv-layout-end].

Which I already did as you can see with your view:
- hidden link

You need to adjust the output as required.

formatting-question.jpg

Hi Minesh, thank you, the pagination works perfectly now! 🙂 Only thing is that your update caused a small formatting issue: are you able to make the pagination extend the entire row and have the results appear underneath on staging? The formatting should match this page (this is an older instance of this page): hidden link

I tried to make the update but for some reason it didn't work. Please let me know if you can make this final formatting fix, thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

I've moved the following code to the "Search and Pagination" section of your view:

<div class="row">
<div class="extrameta" >   <span class="outreachtext" style="display:none;"> [wpv-search-term param="wpv-media-type"] </span>

<span class="results"> [wpv-found-count] results </span> 
<span class="pages">
  [wpv-pagination]

[wpv-pager-prev-page][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Previous[/wpml-string][/wpv-pager-prev-page]
 Page [wpv-pager-current-page] of [wpv-pager-total-pages]

[wpv-pager-next-page][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Next[/wpml-string][/wpv-pager-next-page]
[/wpv-pagination]
</span> 
</div>
</div>

Can you confirm it works as expected now.

expanded-dropdown.png

Hi Minesh, thank you, the pagination formatting looks good now, thank you! This edit seemed to have changed something else, after I do a search the dropdowns changed formatting and look like the attached. This wasn't happening before. They should always stay as dropdowns. Should I submit this as a new ticket? Please let me know if you can help with this.

Minesh
Supporter

I'm not sure whats going on as how filters are working before you apply the filter is not core feature of Toolset.

You must have added some custom script to build such autocomplete filters and that is having the conflict with pagination shortcodes.

If I remove the following pagination shortcodes:

[wpv-pager-prev-page][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Previous[/wpml-string][/wpv-pager-prev-page]
[wpv-pager-next-page][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Next[/wpml-string][/wpv-pager-next-page]

Then the custom filters you build is works as expected. You have to make the choice now you want to go with pagination shortcode at top or not.

Hi Minesh, thank you for catching that issue. I cannot choose between those two functions as both are needed. Would you be willing to help us with this as a separate work-for-hire project? If so, please let me know if there is a way to private message you to discuss next steps. You have been so helpful, we would love to be able to continue working with you. Thank you!

Minesh
Supporter

I appreciate that you love to work with me but as per our support policy I can not give you support for custom programming.

I can not work on your project but you can always contact our certified partners for your any custom programming requirement.
- https://toolset.com/contractors/

I will reach out to one of those contractors, thanks again for all of your help and getting us to where we are now!

This thread can be closed now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.