Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create/display a view without a recommended theme?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ludovicD-3 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 23.43.29.png

Hello,

I have watched the videos but I can't seem to find out how to create a view and display it on a page.

The instructions say to "add a view block"... but the page doesn't look like the one in the video since I don't use Astra, and if I try to add a block from the WPBakery block list, no Toolset block is listed.

I did try to add a shortcode to a text block ([wpv-post-body view_template="modele-pour-concerts" suppress_filters="true"]) but no content is displayed, but the inspector shows there is something pulled from the Tooslet custom type I created and added posts to (see attached image).

1) What am I (obvioulsy) missing?
2) Is there a way to add the view to the page with WPBakery-compatible extensions or anything that makes it simple to do so?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, the website only lacks this to move forward 🙂

Best,

Ludovic

Wordpress version: latest
PAge builder: WPBakery
Theme used: Fortuna

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ludovic,

Welcome to Toolset Support and I'd be happy to assist.

It is not recommended to mix the content generated through different page editors/builders, as it eventually leads to compatibility issues, in the long run.

The default Toolset Blocks based views are designed to be used when the new Gutenberg editor from WordPress is being used as a primary editor.
( ref: https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ )

For someone who is using the legacy/classic WordPress editor or a third-party page builder like WPBakery, Elementor, etc, the legacy/classic views that use shortcodes should be used.

You can go to WP Admin > Toolset > Settings > General and select the option "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build" for the editing experience.

After that, you'll see the option to add classic views from WP Admin > Toolset > Views.

You'll find the guides on using the classic views here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

regards,
Waqar

Screenshot Repeating.png
Screenshot Date concert.png

Hello Waqar,

Thanks for your illuminating reply. It was a bit more complicated since I’m not using a standard editor and compatible theme, but in the end it worked… almost 😀

A few things I haven’t been able to figure out:

- filter the events: if I don’t add a filter, all events are displayed, which is good… for now: when a concert has passed, I don’t want it to appear anymore. But as soon as I add a filter to show only future concert dates based on my custom field, I get a “no records found”. I’m obviously doing something wrong, but what? See attached image for the setting I use in the filter.

- In the custom field advanced section, I add a class name and then set properties for this class in my CSS… but it’s not taken into account (you can - or cannot, actually 🙂 - see it in the concert date field on the hidden link page.) Again, what am I doing wrong?

- I'm having trouble displaying repeating fields. I've set them up apparently fine, and filled them when available, but I'm unable to add them to the content template? No fields appear when I select the custom field group for the cd (see second attached image.) I'm probably missing something very basic... but what?

- In the video about the photographers list (), a “stackable block” called “image box” is used, to absolutely great effect. This is not, if I understand correctly, part of Toolbox. Where does it come from? The Astra theme? A page editor/builder? (If it’s from Astra, I hope it’s from the free version :-))

Thanks again and best regards,

Ludovic

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that you were able to make it work.

As per our support policy, we encourage starting a new ticket for each new question or concern. I've split your recent questions into their new tickets and will reply to them all, individually.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.