Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create an archive to customize search results

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.25 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnh-18 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Good morning Jamal,
Thank you for checking. I have not yet tried your idea of using a separate page but will certainly do. I agree with you, this is not a toolset issue so suggest that you close the ticket.
A final question - do you have an example where WordPress search has been customized with Toolset using an archive template? I will try to figure it out but if you have anything that may help, that would be ideal.
Thank you very much for all your help and assistance - much appreciated.
Have a nice day / jan

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Jan,

Archives are a WordPress concept. Archive are special pages that display a list of posts. For example:
- The blog page is an archive: It displays the posts from the default post type "Post".
- A category page is an archive. It displays the posts that belong to that archive.
- The search page is an archive. It displays the posts that match the searched query.
Etc.

Please check the videos in the following article on how to build archive templates:
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-archive-page/
- https://toolset.com/glossary/archive/

Both videos create an archive for a custom post type. They use the button on the Toolset dashboard. To create the archive for the search results, go to Toolset->WordPress Archives, and click on the "Add New" button at the top of the page. Then, select the "Search results" standard archive, on the popup dialog, and continue customizing the archive template just like in the video tutorials. Check this screenshot hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.